Three years ago TODAY !

by wobble 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

It's my Anniversary !!!

I just realised that three years ago, on 25th march 2008, I walked out of the Kingdom Hall and thought, "I can never go back"

It was a strange and worrying feeling that night, I knew (or thought) I was heading for being DF'd, I had been in for 58 years, all my extended family were in, all my life-long friends were in, all my social circle were in, and as I walked away , I knew JW life was at an end, and I would have to start a new life from scratch..

It is the most wonderful decision I have ever made in my life, second only to when I impulsively asked my girlfriend of a few months to marry me, she did, the fool, and we are still together after 40 years.

I have enjoyed immensely the feeling of relief, freedom and excitement that has been with me since I left, my journey since leaving has been a fascinating one of exploring ideas and visiting different religion's services, learning about evolution, philosophy, critical Thinking, etc.etc.

Three years well spent, and the rest of my life in FREEDOM !!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

buy yourself a nice pint Mr Wobble and give yourself a big pat on the back!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Happy Anniversary, wobble! Apostates wobble but they don't fall down....

Glad you got yourself a nice wife, even if she is a fool for marrying you.

58 years? I can't imagine. That's a lot of Watchtower studies, each and every one capable of warping an hour into a month.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Good for you. Happy Annieversary. Myself being a born in at 56 did the same thing this last Jan. Can't wait until my 1st annieversary. Thank you for all your encouraging comments through the years. Totally ADD

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done Wobble...its so good to hear this.

Loz x

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

happy anniversary! thats three years not living for a cult

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nice one Wobble! Thought you might find this interesting . . . .

An odd experience I had the other day...............

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WOBBLE

And many more.

Reopened Mind

• Joliette
    Joliette

Happy Anniversary! My time will come...too scared to do the big fade yet.

• tec
    tec

Happy Anniversary, Wobble!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit