ex-pioneer/ex-elder reveals his disappointment/disbelief in wt doctrine to elder/friend?

by TheLoveDoctor 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Yesterday I spoke with an elder I worked closely with just up to a year and a half ago for 3.75hrs about doctrine, GB, teachings that Jehovah/Jesus/anointed/holy spirit aren't working to well and have been giving us mixed signals (evidently?) ha ha evidently get it!!! ge apparently everyone is getting brighter as the day draws near.

since Ive been inactive 3 months coming from the so called top 2.5 years ago pioneering and eldering and never missing meetings, I don't believe I could fade and live a lie. It was my love for the friends that kept me going not so much that was given to me and that's ok. But when I studied my religion, read apostate material i saw some deception in doctrine, printed literature I found it unacceptable when u claim your the only true religion

I made the point to the brother that i read apostate literature and said that yes it is true apostate is a label and yes some are angry\disgruntled some maybe uncalled for some may have what they feel are good reasons. that being said I told him I researched the info and found that the society has been deceptive and their own literature proves it.

I told him I did not want to be dissfellowshiped because I still love the friends, and don't want to lose my family. Its apparent that that is going to be inevitable but I guess I'm ready to live my truth than thier lie. Im the kind of man that if someone gives me the time to know them I could love anyone and I didn't need anyone to teach me that cause believe I dont have love I am Love and so are all of us most just are to wrapped in themselves and things. May we all improve the world by first impoveing ourselves and spreading it to others, be love and spread it.

well our body of elders move quikly allthough I said I would not meet with a JC. but I may if I think I can use it to wake someone up. This will have a big impact on my wife who is in and does not like change or issue or being in spotlight but if Im dissfellowshiped wow and her mom and aunt Jws live in same tennament.

I will update in near futer. All of You take good care probably soon to give my name since I will have no reason to hide..Peace, Love and every good wish fo all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kimbo
    kimbo

good luck

• Listener
    Listener

You could always refuse to go to a JC meeting and express your disappointment if they feel that necessary. You could explain how you find this arrangement in itself not appropriate. (If you feel that way of course). By taking to your friend for such a length of time I think what you are doing is much more beneficial as you are able to discuss things without any agenda and in a much more friendly and open manner.

You didn't mention what you discussed and if he felt the same way about anything.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I was basicly being shepparded by a freind/elder friend first then elder now he knows were I stand and how I feel about some of what has been taught. He realizes this is very serious and will lead to a JC he will be speaking to the BOE and will be getting back to me.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

That's very brave, Lovedoctor. I just revealed something similar to an old friend on FB, and I felt like I had jumped over a cliff with no parachute. The inevitable is going to happen, and it will probably feel better once it is done and you can stop worrying about it, but I think we still battle against the influences that still hold us in fear of being DF'd and labeled apostate.

I think I am talking about myself here, but suffice it to say, what you did was brave. In the words of the immortal flipper: Peace out, Brother!

• Listener
    Listener
    May we all improve the world by first impoveing ourselves and spreading it to others, be love and spread it.

If you stick with this angle I think you will do much more for the brothers than discussing doctrine. It is possibly the lack of it (or misdirection) that is at the root of the Society's problems. If they let true Godly love guide, as expressed through his holy spirit and his biblical message, everything else will fall into place, including doctrinal teachings. This would include coming to terms with the fact that they are only men and it is not right that they expect 100% agreement from the R&F in their 'current' teaching. I think that it was Ray Franz that said unity does not mean uniform.

• JRK
    JRK

Oops.

JK

You are history dude.

• wobble
    wobble

I had similar conversations, but always asked the individual to keep the content just between us. One or two did not, even though they promised, so I got the two Elder visit.

I handled that in such a way that they could hang nothing on me. I have heard nothing since. I attended my last meeting three yearsago TODAY ! (I've just remembered 25th March 2008) the 2E visit was six months or so after that.

If you wish to fade, fight for that right, do not just roll over and accept their "discipline", what right do they have to ruin your relationship with family and friends ?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Oh OH here comes the axe !!!!!!!!!

• nugget
    nugget

If you want time to think then go down the route where you have doubts you are looking into things and know where they are if you need them. Doubts are allowed provided you do not openly criticise the society and if your posts here cannot be traced back to you. The problem you may have is as you say elders move swiftly when there is a whiff of apostacy and they may not be prepared to go throught the process of helping you and leap straight to Df'ing.

It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster however well prepared you are. We decided not to attend the JC. My husband was an elder and felt that the committee would not be interested in what we had to say. The purpose of a JC is to assess repentance and give Elders a power trip. They are not interested in your reasons or thoughts outside of that and are unlikely to listen. But obviously you know you own congregation and things may be different there.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide it is so hard when one of you is left in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit