what kind of degree do you have?

by deservingone26 42 Replies latest jw friends

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

ive been going thru a lot of the different posts on here and seeing that most here believe that higher education is very important. i agree that it is important and i plan on going back to school in the fall but im just wondering who all here has a degree and in what? just curious

im using my mobile phone and for some reason i cant capitalize or use different abbreviations

• unshackled
    unshackled

I've got a certain Degree of Anger that I was raised to believe education and career were "worldly" pursuits.

Not too late in my mid-thirties, but damn...a lot of catching up to do.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Ask me again in a couple of years and hopefully I'll have a Nursing degree.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

When it came to WT World . . . 180 of them

Luvonyall - MS

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

yeah its never too late my aunt just finished up with masters not sure in what but she is currently a social worker and i have two cousins who have nursing degrees dont give up

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

murray im trying to make positive topic

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

I have an Associate's of Applied Science in Electronic Engineering Technolgy and a Bachelor's of Science in Business Management, both of which I had before I joined the cult. Now that I'm out I'm working on a Bachelor's of Science in Materials Science and Engineering, but am probably changing it to Computer Information Systems. I can finish the CIS degree next fall, whereas the MSE degree will take me at least six years due to class scheduling. I also am no longer really interested in engineering, have been doing it for long enough. I would like to get into law school in a couple of years.

@sooner, good luck. If you want it, go for it. I needed a physical science class so I'm currently taking Human Anatomy and Physiology thinking I might want to go to med school. Halfway through this course and it's not for me. So many bones, muscles, nerves, etc to memorize. I have a lot of respect for doctors and nurses.

@deserving, my recommendation for you is to get a degree in a field that interests you. It makes the classes much more enjoyable. I don't know how familiar you are with college, but there is nothing wrong with going to community college for a couple of years and getting all of the basics done. You can also take different classes at low cost to see where your interests lie. The class sizes tend to be much smaller (my inorganic chemistry class at university was 400 students, and my anatomy and phys class is the same size) so you have a lot more interaction with the instructor. Ratemyprofessor.com is a great site to use when you are deciding which instructor to take. Don't just go by the numeric score but read the comments and try to find an instructor that fits your learning style, strengths, and weaknesses.

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

thanks whatwasithinking for the useful information i plan on going to community college to start out to get my generals havent decided what exactly what kind of degree i will go for yet but im thinking about getting my associatesin business and then transfering to asu and getting my bachelors in marketing or finance or something my current job will help me pay for school as long as its business related

• chickpea
    chickpea

BA in Environmental Studies

and in about 6 weeks, an AAS in Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Holistic Healthcare)

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Apologies Deservingone26 . . . I couldn't resist.

Seriously . . . A BSocSci . . . Batchelor of Social Science unabbreviated.

Luvonyall - MS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit