Prank ideas

by trevorbv 10 Replies latest jw friends

• trevorbv
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Don't know what you were going to say but I would like to inform you that JWN does not condone pranks against JWs or their property

• AnneB
    AnneB

Proverbs 18:13

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Don't know what you were going to say but I would like to inform you that JWN does not condone pranks against JWs or their property

But if they're not JWs, it's ok then.

• wobble
    wobble

BY "pranks" I guess what was mean't were "Practical "Jokes" " .

I always thought that such pranks were cruel tasteless and without real humour.

• trevorbv
    trevorbv

Technical problems with the first post. (Advice: Turn compatibility view on if you're using IE 9)

So now I can write what I want, saying it's what I initially wrote. But I'm not Watchtower.

JWN does not condone pranks against JWs or their property

Haha. I first read:

JWN does not condemn pranks against JWs or their property

So my question was has anyone done pranks on the JWS (elders, local branch, Brooklyn)?
    And I don't mean here stupid stuff like pantsing, giving a s wirlie or things they migth affect someone's physical or emotional health. Or their property.
    I was thinking more like a prank call (e.g. pretend you're a reporter, call the branch and ask difficult questions), prank letters, emails, banners, stuff in the mail. So things that would generally make them think twice about the world they live in. Any ideas?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I used to prank the elders by using a soundboard that I downloaded. Most would hang up but some would give me some funny replies! My favorite soundboard was the Arnold Schwarzenegger. That was when caller ID's were not very popular.

I once thought of replacing one of the CD's in the sound system to play on the next meeting. My brother was in charged of the sound system so I kind of did my research, but never pulled it off.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have been campaigns - not pranks. One was a march on Bethel headquarters in Brooklyn about sexual abuse within the WTS.

There have also been letter writing campaigns to government officials here in Canada about the blood policy and JWs.

Many people have seriously called Bethel and asked about their membership in the UN as a non-governmental organization, the sexual abuse issue, the blood issue and a few other things.

I have left letters and small stuffed lambs at Kingdom Hall doors about the sexual abuse problems and also placed flyers about offenders where it was know that he was moved to a hall and away from the child he was arrested for abusing. The JWs in the new hall of course were not made aware of his arrest unless they read it in the papers so I made sure every car in the parking lot had a flyer. I have also left sexual abuse awareness business cards that I printed in Kingdom Hall bathrooms and at conventions all in the name of making sure people knew to protect their children.

Many people here have picketed outside halls and conventions, stood beside roads with banners about the blood policy, shunning etc.

On the prankster side which has not been condoned are people who have decorated Halls for the holidays or in other ways made a mess of private property. If you can be arrested for it you should never do it.

The WTS tells JWs that we are all nutcases with nothing better to do than try to make them look foolish. We on the other hand try to encourage people away from those types of behaviors.

Rumors run wild here a lot. We want proof. We have some amazing researchers here who have dug up enough solid evidence that could be used in court (if we were ever sued by the WTS) to prove we don't need to lie. The WTS is pretty good at making themselves look bad. That's why they don't want anyone bringing up their history. It is pretty tawdry. And we have the proof.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

We played a prank on my coworker. We tricked her into thinking I had rabies.

• AnneB
    AnneB

A former poster here, LDH. called J. R. ("Get Down") Brown at Brooklyn headquarters and posed as a reporter. She had quite a lengthy conversation with him. If you go through her posts you might find a link to the recording.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit