Will Religion Become Extinct?

by satinka 13 Replies latest social current

• Galileo
    Galileo

Religion will be more and more margianalized. Twenty years ago research was hard. Verifying a claim was hard. With the internet those things are trivial. Twenty years from now those things will be virtually instantaneous and almost subliminal. Each generation becomes more technically literate and more educated. This is happening at an exponential level. Soon the myths of the past will be as much associated with the oldest and least technically literate generation as handwritten letters are today. There will simply be no place in modern society for those beliefs. This wll happen much sooner in the first world than the third. I don't believe the total eradication of religion will happen in the next fifty years. I do believe that the next fifty years will see religion become irrelevant in the first world and margianalized in the third as the older generations die off and younger generations have more and more ubiquitous access to accurate information.

• glenster
  • Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

re chap. 35 p. 256 pars. 15-16 Executing Babylon the Great

God’s people are not the only objects of the enmity of the ten horns. The angel now draws John’s attention back to the harlot: “And he says to me: ‘The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.’”—Revelation 17:15, 16.

Just as ancient Babylon relied on her watery defenses, Babylon the Great today relies on her huge membership of “peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.” The angel appropriately draws our attention to these before telling of a shocking development: Political governments of this earth will turn violently upon Babylon the Great. What will all those “peoples and crowds and nations and tongues” do then? God’s people are already warning Babylon the Great that the water of the river Euphrates will dry up. (Revelation 16:12) Those waters will finally drain away completely. They will not be able to give the disgusting old harlot any effectual support in her hour of greatest need.—Isaiah 44:27; Jeremiah 50:38; 51:36, 37.'

Now, Spade, can you please answer me this: is ATHEISM part of Babylon the Great? Yes or no?

• mavie
    mavie

Won't happen. We will always have religion in some form.

Look at the resurgence of Islam, especially in the United States. I believe it is the fastest growing religion in the world. There are about 1 billion Hindus, mainly in India. Folk religion, Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucian ideas are shared by 1 billion Chinese.

I would love it if religion went away, but it is so attractive to those who fear death, want to find community, etc. I'm afraid we are stuck with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit