If your parents made you spend week after week doing this ...

by just n from bethel 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just n from bethel
  • Medina
    Medina

What a poor little boy, I was 6 when I did my first talk. I was so happy, because everyone would give me candy afterwards.

I had, although I say this myself, some real talent for sport, but wasnt allowed to do any sports in a team. The only sport I did with a team was the FS.

• alanv
    alanv

Fantastic skill shown in the second video.

I wouldn't completely knock the boy giving a talk though.

I know when I was a witness I became a lot more confident when speaking to people, and in front of people on a platform.

When I later went to college and then took a job as manager, I was able to use the skills learnt in the Ministry school.

For instance this lad in his next talk could work on audience contact, as for most of the time he was just reading a script.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I was 8 when I gave my first bible reading. I got beating from my father because I had difficulty reading a few words.

The 12-year-old Pong Master is awesome!!!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I was 8 when I gave my first Bible reading. I was such a poor reader mostly because of my ADD and bad teachers and parents who really didn't care. It was a small congregation and the school overseer was sitting in front of me and every other word I did not know so he would tell me the word out loud. For me even though I became quite accomplish speaker I think at such a young age that was one of causes of my anxiety I suffer with today. Adults making children do adult things. Totally ADD

• elderelite
    elderelite

Of course its different for everyone, but being on theo school has benefited me in day to day life immensily... However i think the bigger point just in is making relates more to the isolation we as born in jws are forced to experiance... If we were given benfits of theo school and allowed to do other normal kid things it wouldnt be an issue... But when you tell kids they cant "associate with worldly people" and no after school activities AND subject them to theocratic school and fs and such, they get the opposite... Any benefits of theo school are lost because of social isolation everwhere else... Balance in all things...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Simon's first talk. 3-1/2 years old. So talented, I wonder what his future will be like.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102049712443478507274/SimonSFirstTalk?authkey=Gv1sRgCNKVqbXOwMXUOw#5583312016502551954

• Alfred
    Alfred

My dad made recordings of me practicing my talk so I could hear how stupid I sounded... I became really self-conscious about my speaking ability at a very young age...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit