Recognizing Christ's leadership involves submission to his "brothers." 5/15/2011 WT

by miseryloveselders 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Tammy, it's amazing that when you actually sit and read the bible without the publications all of the WT doctrine simply falls apart and is proved false.

It works on active JW's, too, if you can get them to do it. That is why any active JW husbands here have a golden opportunity to help their wives and families via the Family Worship Night arrangement. Reading the Bible alone and discussing it WORKS. At least it did with me and my family.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    "Yes, Jesus' leadership is progressive, not stagnant."

Wow. So if the GB had understood "this generation" correctly 80 years ago, that information would be "stagnant" today? Geez, those guys are nothing more than spin doctors. Sick.

EDIT: I'm not sure which is more frustrating... that they use sleight of hand to subvert reason or that followers eat it up.

• dinah
    dinah

My best friend pulled my mind out of it. I was df'd when I was 18, but still believed they were right. My friend started reading and she would call and tell me "look up this" and "look up that". We read the bible together and compared notes, everything I had been taught from birth was proved false. Talk about an epiphany!

• Mickey mouse
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"The path of the righteious ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established, "states Proverbs 4:18.

Here we go again! Of all the 31,100+ verses in the Bible is there no other verse/verses that the GB/Watchtarded Writing Department can cite to justify their flip flopping, adjustments & modifications?

Watchtarded! I like that expression.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    After Jesus had been resurrected to the heavens, his "brothers", were appointed to act in his place, "substituting for Christ" as ambassadors inviting others to become reconciled to Jehovah God. (2 Cor. 5:18-20) Our recognizing Christ's leadership involves submission to his "brothers."

Well lucky you guys! You must be so proud to have been hand picked by God as his "brothers". Have fun with that.

-Sab

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

"Those who follow human rulers often experience disappointment."

Is that why JWs are disppointed that the end hasn't yet come...because they are following human rulers in the form of the FDS? The new light on this generation overlap was such a great disappointment to me that I never returned to the KH after it was so poorly explained at the last DC. I am one of the young ones who shouldn't go to college because in 4 to 8 years we would no longer live in this old system...

• unshackled
    unshackled

That article reeks like a gas station bathroom just used by Gary Busey after a weekend bender in Tijuana.

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

miseryloveselders,

Where did brother Hitler get those cool headphones?

• bobld
    bobld

If the light gets brighter today, it must of been really dark in the 1st century,in fact it was a black hole.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit