June 15th WT, Trap Your Kids in the Cult

by LostGeneration 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The new WT is up. The worst article is the first one, a non-study article.

Shows pictures of a kid, looks like he is 10 years old. The last one shows him walking into the pool to get dunked.

They are trying harder and harder to trap kids in this cult. The last article askes "Should my Child Put off Baptism?" and bangs on higher ed as usual. The last article in the mag bangs on higher ed too.

More control

• Gayle
    Gayle

Pushing them to get baptized at the assemblies this summer already - ugh! I feel so sorry for the kids.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Once they're craptized they are owned by the 'spirit directed' borganization! Signed on the dotted line, in for life soldier. Can't escape with dignity from the cult!

ACTS 8:12 anyone comment about the age group baptized here?

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think we all know the reason behind this: The WT leadership have no other choice but to trap the kids from the current cult members... that will be their NEW focus while they regroup... its obviously getting tougher for them to find new recruits in field service since people are a lot better informed than they were just 10 years ago... Facebook and the internet are changing everything...

• St George of England
    St George of England

Don't confuse the issue by quoting scriptures!!

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

George

Don't confuse the issue by quoting scriptures!!

Sorry. I don't understand what you mean?

How is this 'confusing' anything? I'm merely trying to show that baptizing young people may not be in the Bible which the WTB$ claim to go by.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When my youngest son got baptised @16 one of the MS came up to me and said, "Now we can REALLY help him ", WTF did that mean ?? What came in to my mind immediately was 'yeah now you guys can pressure him to conform because you will hold DFing over his head ' . What held them back from helping /encouraging him before ? ( i had tried to talk my son out of baptism )

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

It's the next trick to keep the numbers up.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Three of my nephews were baptised at age 12. Two still in, one a bethelite and the other a pioneer, the other DF'ed and shunned. Only half the kids in the family took the plunge. The unbaptised siblings (who do not shun their brother) are still considered part of the family, although the way they are living their lives is arguably, from the biblical standpoint, less "moral" than their DF'ed brother. This is a cancer in the WTBTS that I hope rots it from the inside out.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I saw a demonstration 'experience' once where a man and wife rolled up onto the a$$embĀ£y stage with 2 kids and were haied as an 'exemplary' family. They were interviewed about their success in raising the family. APPLAUSE.....etc etc.

HOWEVER............................they had a DF daughter they shunned! That wasn't mentioned. My blood still boils to this day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit