Fading When You Move, with a Twist of Lime

by RayPublisher 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Lots of stuff has been written on this one. Here's the (possibly!) new part:

1. Get the secretary's address, then move across town, to the next town, county, state, etc. The farther the better.
    2. Wait a few weeks then write a letter from your "new secretary" to your previous one requesting your publisher record cards. (I can dig up a couple old ones I wrote when I was secretary if you need a template lol) Use a P.O. Box if possible.
    3. Sound slightly uneducated and non-computer literate in the letter requesting the cards (perhaps some small misplellings ) and do not include a phone number, just the return address. Mention that you are glad to have <your own name and any family members> in your hall and perhaps a small piece of personal information that you would mention when meeting a new secretary, like the new job you have landed in the <insert your job> field.

After a few weeks you will probably receive the cards and the letter of introduction, along with a request for a phone number so they can “fill you in” on the dear publisher that has moved (YOU) so you can know best how to assist them. If so, then you are DONE. And you have an interesting letter to read, and a nice parting gift from your successful fade. Tada!

IF they write back asking for a phone number then you have a cagey one and the ploy can still be salvaged. You can either: Write back with a land line type number that is made up, OR give an ex-JW their number that you have given the heads-up to. Make sure you give them the proper name and return address, etc. of your “new secretary”. I’m sure you would probably have several volunteers from this board if you needed one. They will call and request the cards, and again, you are “In like Flynn”. This would the trickiest part and they probably would need to know of a congregation near where your PO Box address is and the ability to fake well. Then buy them a case of beer for their troubles...

Tada!

P.S.

BTW I have updated my Gravatar and it will NOT display here if anyone knows why help me please...

• beatthesystem
    beatthesystem

That's pure genius. I did the move-fade, but never thought of hacking the system.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Not everyone is in a position to just get up and move, but if they are willing it is a great idea.

-Sab

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Not to spoil your party, but that may be a mail fraud or some other nasty offense...The Borg recently used DMCA law to pull the elders manual from a bunch of sharing websites...with this they may have a field day skinning you slowly for the enjoyment of the old farts up north...

And Caesar will have to help them with the whole thing too....courts and all.

Not worth the potential trouble, IMO.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This thread is not working well.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Yan Bibiyan: "that may be a mail fraud or some other nasty offense" Try looking up the definition of something before commenting...Mail Fraud has to do with using the postal service to try and steal money, and the DMCA has to do with distributing or reproducing a copyrighted work without permission. You can write a hundred letters a day saying you are Yosemite Sam or Santa Clause...it's perfectly legal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit