Japan stats

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 5 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

The CO is visiting my old congregation and since I had the call in number I decided to listen while I played Frontierville on FB and drank beer. He said the latest stats, for anyone who is interested, is:

• 5 Kingdom Halls destroyed
    • 1 brother/1 sister/ 1 unbelieving mate known to be dead
    • 157 missing
  • beksbks
    beksbks

So I'm curious, do Baptists and Catholics and Buddhists do that too?

• Gayle
    Gayle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sendai_earthquake_and_tsunami

According to "wiki" just now there are 3,676 confirmed dead in disaster area at this time. The JWs make up 1 JW per 581 population (according to the JW 2010 annual report), so that's .1% of Japan's population. So in terms of just percentages that would come to 3 or 4 individuals. Their noted missing number as far as percentage is very high.

• clarity
    clarity

Didn't the watchtower talk about nuclear war, and state there would be opportunity to use atomic weapons? But not to worry because jehovah wouldn't allow them to actually use them because of the radiation danger! This isn't war but still there's that darn radiation!!

Probably it is in that little green book - was it called 'the March of World Powers??' So I wonder how jw's will look at this danger enveloping Japan and spreading to other countries, will god miraculously step in and stop it or just make it be the big A?

c

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jehovah must hate his Japanese followers. In Haiti all his buildings were left standing - it was a miracle from him. He didn't perform the same miracle in Japan.

• Gayle
    Gayle

cantleave,,guess Jehovah is punishing them in Japan because they aren't increasing there, haven't for years,,maybe the WTS will put a spin on that for other countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit