Where to get radiation pills?

by Iamallcool 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • beatthesystem
    beatthesystem

If you mean potassium iodide, Amazon has plenty of sources.

I'm stocked up. :-)

I've got a CDV-700 geiger counter...

and a CDV-715 site survey meter (not a geiger counter this one uses an ion chamber)

• sinis
    sinis

Hope you have a geiger counter, as taking the pills needlessly can mess you up. More survival info here:

http://www.gunsgrubandgold.com/forum

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sinis: "Hope you have a geiger counter, as taking the pills needlessly can mess you up. More survival info here:"

Sinis, my IE browser is registering a security warning when I link to your site.

As far as using a Geiger Counter, they are useful for measuring small to large amounts of external radiation. However, the levels of Iodine 131 that could cause harm if inhaled, might be too low to be distinguished from background radiation.

Villabolo

• sinis
    sinis

Villa - the security warning has to do with the site being an https and not the usual http. The site is safe, enjoy. I have a mil grade GC and it is very accurate at low amounts. Have tested it against "test cards" with known values...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

here's how the iodine pills work:

>IF< you are deficient in iodine, the iodine pills provide the amount of iodine your body (thyroid gland) needs of stable iodine 127 so that when you are exposed to radioactive iodine 131 your body will not absorb it but will pass it out in your urine.

the half life of radioactive iodine 131 is about 8 days. In the process of decaying to form the inert element Xenon (a gas) , iodine 131 releases beta and gamma particles, which can cause mutation or death of cells up to two millimeters away from the source atom. I would take a daily dose each day that the exposure lasts, and for at least a week afterward. During this time, also be sure to keep yourself well hydrated to facilitate the elimination of excess iodine via the urine.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You can also get iodine for iodized salt. Most table salt you buy contains iodine. It will say whether or not it contains iodine right on the label.

If you consume several pounds of salt, you should be protected from minor exposure to radiation.

The next day, you will want to soak in your bathtub, changing the water every 2-3 hours.

Rub a Dub

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sinis: "I have a mil grade GC and it is very accurate at low amounts. Have tested it against "test cards" with known values..."

Sinis, I wasn't referring to the accuracy or sensitivity of the Geiger Counter but to whether the radioactivity level of Iodine 131 can be recognized against background radiation. There is a level at which any good GC will detect natural background radiation coming from the ground. However, the radioactive signature of the Iodine 131 may be hidden by the background radioactive levels.

I'm not saying that I'm sure about this, but I know that the radioactive levels of the fallout will be very low in spite of its dangers. Detectability, at equal to or lesser than background levels, is the issue.

Villabolo

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If you consume several pounds of salt, you should be protected from minor exposure to radiation. -- Rub a Dub

The Egyptians called it Natrum...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    The Egyptians called it Natrum...

Nathan ...

Same recipe when making salted fish.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit