About hell and dying GB members

by Mad Sweeney 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

On Bio channel the other night was an episode of "I Survived" where a guy was shot in the head and was dead for about five minutes, then in a coma for around four weeks after being revived. While recounting his story, he talks about being literally in hell, chained within a tiny dark cell oppressed by evil all around for what felt like forever. He attributes his visit there to having a selfish, materialistic lifestyle at the time of his death and he has vowed to turn his life around so that when he dies again, he won't have to return there. He was "scared straight" if you will.

Now, this thread isn't to discuss whether the hell this guy went to is a literal place that a soul goes or whether it is an extremely real feeling mental experience of the oxygen-starved brain with a bullet in the right side.

What I thought of while watching this is, if this guy's subconscious guilt over his decadent lifestyle was the cause of this horrible, hellish experience upon his death, isn't it possible or even likely that other people who die feeling or knowing that they have done wrong might also experience a "hell" of their own as their brain shuts down? This got me thinking about Ted Jaracz, who had to know how evil his pedophile protection policies have been, and I smiled to think that his last thoughts for all eternity were those described by this guy on "I Survived."

Even if it is not a literal place for a literal soul (and I believe it isn't), if a person's very last thought and feeling is that of an eternally torturous hell, isn't that perhaps justice enough? I mean, this guy said he felt like he was there forever just in those few minutes and was completely disoriented when he came out (saved by a giant bright hand from the sky, no less). So if with one's last thought one thinks and feels they serve forever in hell, does it really matter if it is real or if it is forever? It is real to him.

It is interesting to note also that on these sorts of TV shows, there are probably two or three dozen people who see a light and a tunnel and feel warm and cozy and loved for every one that experiences some sort of hellish "afterlife."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As I look back at my experiences in Bethel, hell doesn't seem all that scary.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I'm unclear on something. Did this man experience his hell during the 5 min he was dead, before being in the coma? Or did he feel that way while also in the coma?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm unclear on something. Did this man experience his hell during the 5 min he was dead, before being in the coma? Or did he feel that way while also in the coma?

I don't even think he knew for sure, but the slant of the show and the man's personal opinion seemed to be that the experience was while he was "dead" and not some sort of dream he had while comatose.

I just find it comforting to think that as you are dying your conscience either attacks you or blesses you for what feels like eternity. Somehow it feels like justice is served on those who lacked compassion and kindness in life and knew it was wrong as well as on those who were indeed loving and kind. For the former there is darkness, oppression, confinement, evil, and then presumably nothing. For the latter there is warmth, light, love, and comfort, and then presumably nothing.

Even as just a function of a dying brain, that spiritually works for me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My WBT$ GB Boys,all have Good Jobs..

When they come to Work for Me in Hell.. "We Love you Satan!!"

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jaracz is probably being beaten in a fiery hell right now... and telling everyone around him to rejoice since they are all eternal heirs with him of the heavenly kingdom.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

@ MS: I understand your point completely, and agree, no matter what causes the "heavenly" or "hellish" experience, that it certainly would be justice. Let's just hope that those of the GB, like Jaracz, are/were actually aware of how horrible their actions are/were. Then their brains have something to work with, i.e. a guilty conscience.

@ Outlaw: "Do you want our autograph? There's one our OUR Bibles right here! We can all sign it for you!"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mad,

I think Dinesh D'Souza had a book about that stuff- near death or coming back after "dead" expereicnes.

As for Hell, I don't think much about it at all, but IF there is a hell, I am sure that the GB memeber that KNEW the lies and propogated them, causing people to die or even let their children die, will be there.

• dgp
    dgp

LOL Billy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I read somewhere that "dreamtime" is accellerated; what seems like hours in the dream is really just minutes in reality.

I also read somewhere that the brain stays alive for 5 or 6 minutes even after the heart stops pumping.

Most dying individuals lose conciousness before actual clinical death. Humans dream when we're unconcious. If the brain went into a full-on dream state after conciousness is lost, but before the moment of clinical death (say, as an instinctive or hard-wired self-preservative action), the last few minutes could, by that logic, seem to stretch into an eternity by the dreamer.

Our dreams are the sorting of all the stuff jumbled inside our subconcious, including guilt for past misdeeds; most of us can attest to this personally.

If Old Man Jaracz passed on in his sleep, it would make sense that the last few minutes of brain activity was - from his POV - a virtual eternity of pedophilic reruns with him in the starring role of victim. If that ain't the ideal "Hell" for that man, I don't know what else would be...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit