Memories of Duncan - Part 1

by hillary_step 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hillary

I'm still up (it's 1 a.m. here) and still reading/posting.

I just re-read your post and saw the bit about the maroon leather brief case. I had completely forgotton about it, but I WAS rather famous (locally) for that. I really, REALLY loved that bookbag - despite the unkind comments of one or two of the other pioneers ("looks like a shopping bag!" "my mum's got one like that!" etc. etc.)

I don't even remember what happened to it in the end, but it was my constant companion for my 4 years of pioneering.

Memories!

Duncan.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

:::::::::::then went on to mystify us all with the news that Duncan was leaving school to become a window washer and to work full time for his ‘Jehovah’ religion. He was barely fifteen. A few students tittered, one particularly dim-witted lad cried out ‘What’s a Jehovah?’, but most of us fell silent.

I'm not familiar with your posts Hillary. This one is an excellent introduction. I'm in awe of Duncan - not so much for his way with words as his perception. But where was it all those years ago? All you bright young men.... At least I was as dumb as all get out. What was your excuse?

Marilyn

• larc
    larc

Hillary,

Another interesting, high quality essay on your part - keep them coming. I am never bored with your writing.

You are my favorite "false positive," troll wise that is.

• Valentine
    Valentine

((((((hillary)))))))
    off topic here but.....I got those gnocchi for you! (and no before anyone jumps on that it's gnocchi not nookie heheheh,)
    Also got the recipe for cuccidatti from my old Auntie whilst down in Fla. :> luv,T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Marilyn,

But where was it all those years ago? All you bright young men.... At least I was as dumb as all get out. What was your excuse?

Part II, may explain some of this, but frankly your explanation is probably as good as mine.

Larc Anthony,

Methinks thee a splendid, nay, a fluffy chap. Thanks Larc.

Valentine,

Thank you so much Tina, much appreciated.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit