Ending of man, not God caused???

by free2beme 16 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Sam Whiskey, What I meant was it is good to know where your food comes from.But I do not believe that society will break down anytime soon.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

free2beme - "I ask though, are you in anyway prepared for such events or possiblities?"

Don't forget the effects of climate change, Peak Oil, and unsustainable population growth.

The WTS sure isn't in any way prepared; and they've done virtually nothing to prepare their membership for these possibilities. One of the many reasons that contributed to my fade.

villabolo - "You mean you haven't noticed my Global Warming posts?"

Have you ever heard of the "Olduvai Slope"?

• free2beme
    free2beme

My family has emergency kits. We could be out of the house and on the road by either car or bike, in a matter of an hour or less. Water, blankets, food and change of clothes. We also have a small amount of first aid and a fire arm. Yes, a fire arm, as not everyone is prepared and their idea is to take from someone who is. In those moments, it would be all about my family first. Once they are secure, fed, and okay. I will reach out and help others. One other thing, I have a plan my whole family knows. If a natural disaster happens, and we are not with each other, we have a meeting place for two situations. One, if the home is still there, and second if the home is destroyed. I believe in being prepared. If it was long term though, months or years, I would be okay for maybe 2 to 3 months. After that, it would end badly. Not just being out of coffee, as mentioned above, but just not having enough to carry on. I do not know of very many people who could make it past that time frame, other then government.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If anyone is interested about a different kind of 'end' this book was a decent read:

One Second After (Hardcover) by William Forstchen (Head's up...... Newt Gingrich is also listed as co author but in my opinion it's just a bussiness deal, I don't think he wrote a word and as a progressive I wasn't put off with anything in the book).
    "Forstchen examines the effect of an attack on the U.S.A. using an EMP(or rather three EMPs). The electro magnetic pulse ruins most electrical gadgets; computers and anything controlled by them, data storage, modern vehicles and planes, electricity generators,water supply, medical equipment, phones and radios.
    The small town in which the story is set reverts to a barter economy and its shops soon run out of food and medicines. Local law enforcement has to cope with increasingly desperate local citizens,stranded motorists, and refugees from the big cities hoping to find food and shelter.
    Forstchen examines the big issues mainly by looking at the impact on one family. This approach works well, and the reader is drawn in, wondering "what would I do in that situation?"

• d
    d

I do think eventually man will cease to exist that is part of life.It is arrogant on our part to think that humanity will last.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I do think eventually man will cease to exist that is part of life.It is arrogant on our part to think that humanity will last.

Perhaps. But it isn't arrogant for humanity to take steps to put off their extinction for as long as possible.

• chase
    chase

one word...canabalism. by the time it registered, id be starting a fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit