The real Big A - the writing on the wall

by Nickolas 16 Replies latest social current

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

crazyblondeb the big A is on the way....yawn!! ... where have we heard this?

not the big A you're thinking about, girl. However, you have the same perspective as the majority of Americans, so you will be right if the majority is. I'm not sure.

I could hold some of yours' loot(s) for yas. I got a lot of socks that i could fill up. Plus, since it's so cold up here, in the great white north, your moneys would stay crisp and cool.

Tim Hortons stock sounds better to me, Satanus.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am in the UK but I am not old enough to remember the 1970s. Who knows if we are heading for inflation, deflation or what. But I think we are headed for something. When the United Kingdom went into decline in the 1970s we had the good fortune of discovering North Sea oil. That is now running out and it is not clear we have any plan for what can replace it. For a time it seemed to financial services could produce money from nothing for the United Kingdom but that has proved illusory.

For decades the United States was the biggest creditor nation and the engine or world growth. The reversal of that state of affairs I think will result in more dramatic convulsions than many imagine. The biggest concern I have is that the United States will blame China for their problems and go to war.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

War is unthinkable to most people, slimboyfat, but war has been visited personally on a great many. It's been close to eight decades since war visited the UK and a century and a half (if you discount Pearl Harbor) since it devastated America. But it's been a lot more recent in other countries, to a large extent because the UK and America launched wars of liberation. It would be a messy situation if the US and China went toe-to-toe.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf1.html

The above link is an account of a guy who went thru the economic colapse in argentina back in 2001.

As to the current crises I really believe they are setting up for a new economic system. The numbers have been posted a debt of a trillion's of $$$ does not get paid off period.

Like was mentioned earlier and in the link I posted there are sound moves you can make to hedge your safety and survival.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thanks, darth. Quite the story.

A documentary worth watching is "Inside Job", which won the Oscar for best feature length documentary this year. It explains how a bunch of people got filthy rich while millions lost everything, causing the 2008 economic collapse. Bad things can and will happen in the economy. Best be at least a little prepared for them.

• Este
    Este

Does anyone else see the writing on the wall? To me it reads "The US dollar is in big, big trouble" and the US is poised for a currency crisis that will change everything, and not in a good way.

OMG

What is it this man is saying? Not the end of the world? Gee what planet does he live on?

E.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Same one as you, Estephan, except my feet are planted firmly on it.

No, it will not be the end of the world. It will only mean that things are going to cost more. With oil over $100 a bbl, things are already starting to cost more because freight costs have gone up, and everything you buy has to be freighted from where it is manufactured or grown to where you buy it. So buy it now if you have some cash and while it has greater purchasing power. If, for example, you are convinced that food prices are going to go up over the next couple of years more than the interest rate the bank will pay you, it makes sense to stock up on non perishable food as the better investment (and better than waiting for the Rapture to whisk you safely away.)

It could very well be that government will pull some kind of rabbit out of a hat, but at the moment it's difficult to imagine what that might be. It may be best to hedge your bets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit