Pre assembly blues

by AnonJW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Fortunately I don't get the pre-assembly blues anymore. I cured it with "Witness-be-gone". I'm gone from the Witnesses, and now I don't get the pre-assembly blues anymore. It's like magic!

You too can have yours for 5 easy payments of $39.95. Order now and we'll throw in a free ice scraper!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No more a$$emblies for me. I can think of a good reason to not get a big screen TV: The 27" TV in my apartment is plenty big enough for me. And I don't need the latest gadgets--but because I believe the FCC is soon going to start regulating it and Osama Obama is going to get his Internet kill switch. And I don't need the latest computer just in time to find my Internet is virtually wiped out or heavily censored.

However, I do believe a game console is a good buy now. If you already have the basic necessities (batteries, chargers, and flashlights and lanterns) and access to food, getting a good game console will make a good value. Get a few really good games you are sure to enjoy for many years to come--Pokemon seems to be enduring quite nicely now, with the latest coming out in the US this past March 6. The trick is to get the games with excellent replay value--the ones you really get addicted to. Then, when hyperinflation comes, you will not miss going to the movies, eating out, and all the other entertainment quite as much. The best part: You will have to spend something like $35 and up for a real good video game. But, if you take good care of them, they will last a good many years with little or no further investment in them.

The other thing you are not going to hear at the a$$embly is that you will do well to invest in gold and silver, as well as commodities. Getting into silver now, and then not letting go just because of a flash crash (they want to shake people out of silver so they will get in toilet paper dollar-based Treasuries and stocks, and take a bath for inflation), will give you a stable source of real money. That is money that inflation will not destroy the value of, and when people realize there is a real silver shortage, the price could go up to $6,000 an ounce even without hyperinflation. Of course, you are not going to hear that at your a$$embly--instead, you are going to hear about how they need the money. Which is the worst investment.

Invest in silver, gold, and commodities, and profit. Invest in Jehovah (which they will insist is the safest investment), and you will take a bath.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Thank God we are out of it... Spend lot of hours the day before to make the food... spend gas and 2 hour driving to the shit... and 2 hours home in the evening for two days... for nothing, exept to say "hello" to some old friends.

I am so happy that i got my wife out of it together with me and my 4 children in time...!!!

(Pheuw...)

But it was close to divorse, ill tell you, before that....

(yup,, spelling is like $hit.. but i am from Sweden)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

this constant obsession of showing demo's warning of the flaws of latest gadgets and materialism never works because they are the most materialistic of people on the planet FFS! if anything it makes them even more inclined to buy the latest iPhone/Blackberry they'd have far more success if the shut TFU!Thankfully Ass'emblies are becoming more and more of a distant memory the CA was discarded well before my last meeting and memorial.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

@jambon - happy memories of the Brunton Hall then?!? Same elders and families upevery time - boring! Although, the highlight for me was usually ice-cream from DiRollos .

@Dold - nothing wrong with your spelling. It's as good (if not better) than a lot of native English speakers

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

My Circuit Assembly is next weekend. I'll also be posting any noteworthy information.

• VM44
    VM44

If you have to go to the assembly, then record all the talks and upload them for us to listen to!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

How big are your assemblies? Stadium sized? Near the end of our involvement, just for entertainment, we'd bring out the binoculars, much to the chagrin of most around us, (who cares?) and spend the entire time scoping out who from our hall was snoozing through the borefest, munching on something DURING the sessions (a big no no), or occasionally, catching the eye of another binocular user on the other side of the stadium (and waving!) - this truly made for fun times! Tuff to do at the circuit assemblies - but you could start a new trend...great times spying, er...keeping up with the brothers...there's always hangman, too - just bring a pad of paper and pencils...very annoying to those around you for added impetus...

edited to add: Dang, I see this thread is days old; too late for the suggestions. Let us know how it went anyways...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The last arse-embly I attended was the overlapping new light one. It was beyond tedious!

One demonstration was how a JDub wasn't speaking to her best friend anymore because QUOTE: ''She gave in to apostate thinking!''

Ah, the 'mind cleansing' is so happifying!

Sad my wife and daughter are still wasting their lives and money on these cult propoganda sessions............*SIGH*!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

about the cellphones/PDAs/smartphones.....

I think it's funny how they give these talks, yet the brothers who give them are usually wealthy and have all kinds of fancy telecommunication gizmos.

I remember sitting in a meeting one time and there was this one important bigshot elder and he literally had 3 phones and a laptop with him.

3 PHONES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit