Will you go to the memorial

by freeborg 54 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Nope. Not going! This will be my second year in a row without going.

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• Scully
    Scully

no
    NO
    NO
    NO
    and

HELL NO!

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• freeman
    freeman

Folks, don’t waste your time going. I’ve been there and it’s not worth it! Unsalted crackers, and cheap wine, now what the hell kind of a party is that?

Freeman

• Francois
    Francois

Hell no,
    shit no,
    fuck no,
    no way, no how, not for any reason,
    NO
    And I do mean NO.

How could they have the truth about that when they're wrong on everything else?

Francois

(Although I WOULD like to go and take the emblems, just to see the shock on their faces.)

• outnfree
    outnfree

No, I will not.

lv4fer,

Last year I, too, felt the need to memorialize Christ's death, and so I invited other ex-JW friends to my house and 9 of us said prayers over the emblems and drank and ate. We reflected on the meaning of Christ's death before partaking. It was a very short ceremony, but made all of us feel very good about actually participating rather than standing by.

You might want to try something similar.

This year I'm unsure what I will do. I don't think at least some of last year's participants will feel a need to do this. If some do, I will again open my home to them. I'm having mixed feelings myself, because I think I like Jesus Christ very much, but I don't feel an obligation to celebrate his death in this way. I have to decide whether or not I want to be a member of the cult of Jesus...

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• zev
    zev

simple and sweet.

NO!

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

I won't be going to the JW memorial but I do observe the memorial and attend the my church's passover/last supper observance. From what the Bible says I would not in good concience go to the WT memorial because they do not observe the entire true story of who Christ is, therefore they are not true recognized followers of Yahweh.
    My answer short but honest <>< Angie

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

What church do you go to. Just wondering so maybe I could go there and partake. I'm chicken to partake at the memorial. I have to attend for my kids sake and I couldn't partake and embarrass them. I'm not ready to get df'd or dA myself.

• riz
    riz

yeah, I'm going to go. For my mom. It would break her heart if I didn't so I'm willing to go, sit, and space out for an hour. It won't kill me.

riz

• outnfree
    outnfree

lv4fer,

If you're not particular about the exact anniversary date, there are non-denominational churches that allow open communion to all who believe that Jesus is the Christ and that he died for their salvation and was resurrected.

Otherwise, I think Church of God might celebrate on the Passover night, but I'm not sure that communion there is open.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit