The Soul

by free2beme 39 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

So we were all taught basically this thought. The Soul is our life, not seperate and not something that moves on when we die, right? Yet, for those who die and get ressurected, Jehovah remembers them and makes them come to life with their memories, personalities, appearance and so on, right? Where is all this stored? Does Jehovah have a super computer with files labeled with people's name and life history to reboot? What is that file called, as it seems to sound a whole lot like some sort of seperation from the physical body that withered away in the ground. Something is there, and even Jehovah's Witnesses can not explain that in their beliefs.

Hope your file does not get a virus! LOL

• designs
    designs

Are we talkin bout Sam and Dave

• alias
    alias

So we were all taught basically this thought. The Soul is our life, not seperate and not something that moves on when we die, right? Yet, for those who die and get ressurected, Jehovah remembers them and makes them come to life with their memories, personalities, appearance and so on, right?

Yeah, ain't that interesting? Or we have no spirit but 144,000 are changed upon death in a twinkling of an eye to become spirit creatures.

alias

• free2beme
    free2beme

So true about the 144,000 ... what moved over from earth to the heavens???? Was it a file download from one supercomputer, to the next ... what those files called????

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

See how ridiculous it is to take kabbalistic numerology and try to turn something metaphysical into something physical?

You get a two-tiered salvation system by which the ruling elite continue their domination over the goys.

Smart asses those kabbalists are....

BTW... Soul is consciousness, and the latest brain research, particularly by the Russians, is showing that our consciousness can all be connected via a "cosmic internet"...

http://www.fosar-bludorf.com/vernetz_eng.htm

• designs
    designs

Plug me in baby.........

• free2beme
    free2beme

Sounds like we are already plugged in. Which actually makes a lot of sense to me, especially when compared to the Witnesses.

• factfinder
    factfinder

If you are asking how Jehovah resurrects someone-he can remember our DNA and thoughts. If that sounds far fetched remember this- Jehovah created, named and numbered all of the stars. There are billions upon billions of stars in billions of galaxies!

Jehovah can easily recreate us from the elements of the ground using our dna so we will be the same people. Jehovah can cause our brain to function the same way that it did before thus all of our memories, personality, likes/dislikes, etc all start up again.

A resurrected person would wake up as if from a deep sleep and not even know they had died. Jehovah created Adam from scratch- he can easily recreate a person who had already lived. As for the soul Genisis 2:7 shows Adam BECAME a soul. The Hebrew word rendered soul in the Bible, Nephesh means "A breather". We ARE the soul. We do not HAVE one!

The 144,000 die. Jehovah resurrects them as spirit beings with the same personality, memories and traits they had before. Jehovah created angels. He can easily resurrect the 144,000 and give them spirit, and not human, bodies.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@free2beme:

So we were all taught basically this thought. The Soul is our life, not [separate] and not something that moves on when we die, right? Yet, for those who die and get [resurrected], Jehovah remembers them and makes them come to life with their memories, personalities, appearance and so on, right? Where is all this stored? Does Jehovah have a super computer with files labeled with people's name and life history to reboot?

I thought you were supposed to disassociate yourself with what things you may have learned during the time that you formerly associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. (I'm assuming here that you are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.) That being said, what difference does it make what you believe the soul to be when compared to what you may have learned it to be when you used to associate with Jehovah's Witnesses?

I believe @factfinder's response to your question to be a rather good one, but I wanted to say in response that Jehovah is almighty, period. If man can make a super computer, it pales in significance to Jehovah's memory, which is where every human being that has ever lived on earth is stored, excepting, of course, those that are now in Gehenna, having been erased from His memory. Perhaps if you could conceive of what it really means for someone to be "almighty," this would make what I just said here more understandable, but I suspect such a concept may be above your pay grade. This is not a slight, mind you, but an observation based on your question you asked here as to whether it might be possible that God stores people's names and life histories away in a "super computer" of some sort.

What is that file called, as it seems to sound a whole lot like some sort of [separation] from the physical body that withered away in the ground. Something is there, and even Jehovah's Witnesses can not explain that in their beliefs.

That is where you are mistaken. Jehovah's Witnesses can explain their beliefs, but this belief (in the soul being something separate from the physical body) isn't one of them.

@factfinder:

I could not have spelled out all of what you did in your post is such a concise fashion. I'm pretty sure my post would have been three paragraphs longer (minimum). <g>

@djeggnog

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Jehovah can easily recreate us from the elements of the ground using our dna so we will be the same people. Jehovah can cause our brain to function the same way that it did before thus all of our memories, personality, likes/dislikes, etc all start up again.

Have you watched The 6th Day with Arnold Schwarzenegger? The issue really isn't how exact and perfect the process of duplication is, it is the very fact that this is a process of duplication.

The creation of an exact duplicate (actually not exact because this is supposed to be a new-and-improved version) imbued with my memories is quite a different thing than the hope that I will awaken from death.

God could, after all, create this replicant five minutes before my death. I could meet my replicant....is that duplicate "me" in the sense that it no longer matters whether I live or die, as long as the replicant is alive? If the replicant kills me, does it mean that I never get to experience death since the replicant is already alive? And God within his power could create not just one duplicate but many. He could recreate 144,000 versions of "me". Which one of these is the "real" me? Or are all of them? Or none of them?

The main issue here is that there is no continuity of existence in the Society's recreation doctrine, which sets it apart from the early Jewish/Christian belief in resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit