Fight Club

by d 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• d
    d

I love the movie Fight Club.The theme being that you are your own person.You do not have to bend to the will of others.What do you think about Fight Club?

d

• elderelite
    elderelite

I think the first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club!! Thats why nobody is going to respond to this thread

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that when we deny ourselves something ends up giving.

To accept that we are violent and aggressive is NOT the same as giving into those baser impulses, what it does is allow us to confront those feelings and get a hold of them and use them in a positive way.

Denying them FEEDS them and they grow in a negative way untill they come crashing out.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Great movie; one of my favs. It appeals to the rebel, the fighter, the darker side,...

It is a movie about men's baser instincts and as Psac pointed out, not something that can be suppressed. However, such things should not be given into or glorified as they are destructive, in relationships and one's own sense of self, a major theme of the movie. It addresses issues of alienation, loss of identity and frustration with the modern world, which the main character used to his advantage and purpose in recruiting those of the down and out class for his own ends. Don't forget that the main character had multiple personality disorder coupled with sociopathic tendencies and is ultimately, a terrorist.

Nihilism is ultimately selfish and destructive. But I love this mix and quote from it, tongue in cheek style,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSpqObhK4Rw

• d
    d

I love the movie because that how we all feel.We all feel lonely and in need of want and understanding.We want more out of the cosumer society in which we live.

• streets76
    streets76

Mum's the word.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Guys, you're all breaking the first rule! Shut up!!!

• d
    d

one you lose everything you are free to do anything" Fight club.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Great film, one of my all time favorites.

• elderelite
    elderelite

The first rule of fight club is you do not post about fight club. The second rule is you DO NOT POST ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

I watched this yesterday :-) love this flick myself. "Self improvment is masturbation. " So many quotable lines :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit