It is truly a "Dog & Pony" Show !

by Pitchess Co-Gen 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

My bother ( who I don't really talk too because of a different issue with him ) and I got disfellowshipped on the same day ( 2/28/09 ). Ive been pretty inconstant when it comes to meeting attendance ( I haven't been in more than six months ), while ever sence my brother and his wife had a baby he's been super regular at the meeting ( nine months straight without missing one meeting !). When he turned in his reinstatement letter ( by the way he moved to a new congregation ). The new congregation told him ( either that or the old congregation ) that he needs more time and we need to watch you more . Now my father told me this story so I don't have all the fact; after listening to what happened ( dispaite my differences with my brother ) I said to my father this is just one big "Dog & Pony show . Tell me what do you think?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

the time it takes for reinstatement depends on a few things. The gravity of the "wrong doing", meeting attendance, who your actions effected, who knows about it, what you wear to meetings (short sleeve colored shirts are not theocratically approved), and it depends on which douche bag elders are handling the matter. If you were df'd for child molestation, it should only take a couple of weeks to be let back in. If you are single sister with kids, and were disfellowshipped for smoking, it could take up to two years, unless you are really really hot.

Now, my question is this; why do you want to get reinstated?

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

It always is, unless you're "golden". The length of time is usually up to his original CBOE. He has to prove his loyalty and submisiveness.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

lol! yep so true!! my ex had the same experience with her re-instatement. she didnt get word back so she asked the elder in charge of her case and he said they needed more time. went back and forth and finally her biatch meddling mother went to the elder and asked him what was going on. she got back in a couple weeks after.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Depending on what you were disfellowshipped for. "Apostasy", as being defined as questioning the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or some trivial doctrinal matter, will usually require waiting 3 years and multiple attempts. Ditto fornication (unless you molested a child), smoking, celebrating a holiday or birthday, or some other stupid rule. Usually, they want to make an example out of you, so others that might do something will think twice about the three-year hassle.

However, if you get disfellowshipped for killing and eating a baby (requires the mainstream news media to bust you and report it in all the newspapers in the world), you will probably be reinstated on a verbal promise to not do it again. And within a week, at that.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How long did the Prodigal Son's father wait until he welcomed him back into the family?

• nugget
    nugget

The arbitary nature of reinstatements shows that it is more about politics than love and holy spirit. In our case the COBOE would take great pleasure in denying reinstatement indefinitely just because of the pleasure it would bring him. God wasn't involved in the process at any stage it is just a chance for petty men to be vindictive and spiteful.

It is a shame your brother feels he needs to be reinstated espeacially if he has a child.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PITCHESS CO-GEN:

You said it right. It IS truly a dog and pony show. Also, don't forget the smoke and mirrors because you can't have a magic act without them. As the other posters have said: it depends on who you are and WHAT you did. To them, some 'sins' are less forgivable than others.

In my opinion, a person who questions the religion is considered to be less forgivable to them than somebody who commits an actual crime!!

• moshe
    moshe
    that he needs more time and we need to watch you more .

If the DF'd person's family had some pull in the KH, or they were money kingpins in the KH, then six months would have been plenty of time.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I was disfellowshipped in September 2005. I also jumped through hoops for nearly five years trying to get reinstated. By the time I had my last meeting with the judicial committee in June 2010 , I realized I wanted nothing more to do with the WTS and simply walked away. My only reason for pursuing reinstatement was to resume contact with close friends and family who are still Jehovah's Witnesses. It took me some time to understand that I could have a full and enjoyable life outside the organization. I did go through a grieving process as I accepted the loss of people I really cared for, but I have no regrets about severing my ties with the WTS.

The entire process of reinstatement is a farce, a sham. Jehovah isn't even remotely involved in it, and had I realized this from the beginning I never would have pursued reinstatement in the first place. For my judicial committee, the entire thing was an ego-driven power trip and I was providing the energy for this. Since leaving, I have felt much better about myself, and have had success in rebuilding my life. I will never go back even in the most unlikely event that reinstatement were offered.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit