Did The Elders Ever Try To Adjust YOUR Thinking?

by PublishingCult 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Did the elders ever try to "adjust" YOUR thinking?

Can you share what they felt was incorrect about your thinking?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

No way.. is that pic real? (real is defined as appearing in a WT Published thing?)

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

It's an actual page scanned from a Watchtower magazine. The captions and facial expressions have been altered for the sake of absurdity.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Wow. I didn't know changing your shirt changed your attitude. If I had only known it was that simple.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

PC - another beauty. I'd like to see the original article.

• wasblind
    wasblind

what watch tower mag did that come from, post your source

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    what watch tower mag did that come from, post your source

I will see if I can find the bound volume I scanned it from last year. I am afraid, however, I cannot possibly provide the WTBTS publication source for every single scan I post. I found a bunch of bound volumes at a thrift store, bought them cheap, took them home and cut them up to get good scans of images I thought made useful points for my vids. I did not log the source, sorry.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Often it was the pio-sneers that did that. They assigned me to work with someone that was hellbent on petty things most of the time, and he wanted to know where everyone else was at all times. Needless to say, field circus during those years was anything but pleasant.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back in the day, when I served on the elder body......I guess that I may have been guilty of trying to "adjust the thinking" or providing necessary counsel and direction as I saw it. It is part of the job, and goes with the position.

I like to think that I was a more liberal elder who let people be who they were, but I guess that there were times............

On the receiving end, elders were more likely to get it from the C/O or the P/O if he was that sort of a man, we had to be always setting the good example .

• Perry
    Perry

These two newly wed publishers were experiencing marital difficulties and agreed to have their thinking re-adjusted by the elders.

Rich spiritual food was prepared to counter the lack of field service that had caused the problem in the first place.

Mrs. Stein was then helped to appreciate that Mr.Stein really wasn't the monster that he appeared to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit