In Loving Memory of All The Insanity

by Perry 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Let's all get ready for this conversation with our JW relatives this Memorial Season. Written compassionately in loving memory of the insanity.

Christian: How are your sins forgiven since you reject the New Covenant and according to Mt. 26:28 forgiveness of sins is in the blood of the New Covenant
    JW: Jesus died for the whole world
    Christian: So you believe in Universalism (the belief that everyone will be saved) ?
    JW: Of course not; only those found doing Jehovah’s will are saved from Armageddon
    Christian: So, you believe that your good works can save you. I thought salvation was “not of works lest any man should boast”?
    JW: Yes, it is a free gift. Jesus died for the whole world whether they deserve it or not.

Christian: So, how are your sins forgiven since you reject the New Covenant and according to Mt. 26:28 forgiveness of sins is in the blood of the New Covenant
    JW: I told you .... remember? Jesus died for the whole world
    Christian: So you believe in Universalism (the belief that everyone will be saved) ?
    JW: Of course not; only those found doing Jehovah’s will are saved from Armageddon
    Christian: So, you believe that your good works can save you. I thought salvation was “not of works lest any man should boast”?
    JW: That’s right, like I already said …it is a free gift. Jesus died for the whole world whether they deserve it or not.

Christian: So, how are your sins forgiven since you reject the New Covenant and according to Mt. 26:28 forgiveness of sins is in the blood of the New Covenant
    JW: Jesus died for the whole world. Are you not listening?
    JW: Of course not; don't be silly. Only those found doing Jehovah’s will are saved from Armageddon
    JW: Yes, for the third time ….it is a free gift. Jesus died for the whole world whether they deserve it or not. And I must me going now I have friends waiting for me in my car group. I can see you are not a teachable person. Good Day.

Notes:

Matthew 26:27b, 28 Drink ye all of it. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins

Romans 5:9 ...being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved...
    Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

• Alfred
    Alfred

Thanks Perry... I'm expecting a sheparding call any day now... you know... the one that tries to get the seats filled at the memorial just to impress the CO... any way, I think this will come in handy... humorous, yet insightful

• Perry
    Perry

Alfred, you naughty unteachable apostate. Hope the call goes well.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is far easier to dispute the teachings of Jw's if you are well prepared to defeat the teachings of Christianity in general. The Christian book is goofy and full of contradictions and intent to make a blood-thirsty demonic god worthy of worship. Far easier to understand the folly if one is not busy trying to prove his little privately chosen sectarian church to be 'the truth'.

Just my opinion. Good luck to those who still wish to worship the bible demon god, though. Happy Easter season to you! Fat Tuesday is here - eat up.

Jeff

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife invited a friend of hers from her job to the memorial last year. My wife was beaming over the fact that she got to show her friend how their use actual unleavened bread and wine, not those crackers and grape juice you find at other churches. Then came time for the memorial itself, a rather respectful look at the verses that speak of partaking the bread and wine, first the bread, then the wine. However, when the emblems were passed around, her friend took a real good look at them before passing them down. I'm sure she wondered why she could not partake or why no one else was partaking either.

On the way back home, my wife was still beaming over the event and explaining to her friend that she is NOT going to Heaven when she dies. "You're NOT?!?!" responded her friend. Watching that exchange was entertaining to say the least but her friend was a respectful Christian in that she, like most Christians I've encountered, just simply respect the differing points of view from others who call themselves Christian. I'm sure she went back to her pastor and probably learned some things, assuming he knows anything at all about witnesses.

Not sure if she will invite anyone to the memorial this year.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Oh, and they passed out literature explaining the memorial. My favorite part was the section that explained why Jesus is Michael the Archangel. I'm sure that would've went over very well had she shown it to her pastor.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • Perry
    Perry

A good friend of mine had his wife run off with an elder. He eventually remarried a Catholic, lovely girl, kinda silly and alot of fun. Anyway, they went to the Memorial one year, I guess more for the teenage kids and she in her typical fashion was in her own world and wasn't listening to the talk about how no one was suppossed to partake.

My friend could care less about religion at this point and didn't even bother to tell her that she wasn't supposed to eat and drink according to the witnesses. So, when we were all together one night I got the lo down on the event and realized that she ate and drank. I then proceeded to tell her all the details about the ceremony. My friend could care less and sorta had the attitude "whatever floats your boat". She was sooo mad that he didn't even bother to tell her about the WT rules.

Anyway we all had a big laugh.

• Ding
    Ding

Perry,

In the example you gave, I think the problem is that the WT teaches contradictory concepts -- salvation is a free gift but if you don't prove worthy by your works you won't survive Armageddon.

Because JWs can't admit (even to themselves) that this WT teaching is contradictory, they are stressed out by the tension -- Even though JWs say they can't wait until the new system, don't they almost all feel guilty and unworthy and worry that they might not make it?

If you tell a JW the WT teaching is self-contradictory, they will defend the organization vigorously.

Instead I try to focus on my confusion: "I'm sorry. I'm confused. I thought you told me salvation is a free gift, but when I hear you explain faith and works it sounds like you're saying that Jesus' ransom sacrifice was a down payment and that we have to keep up all the installments. What am I misunderstanding?"

Sometimes that breaks the repetitive cycle you cited in your example.

Once a JW told me I was right, that the ransom sacrifice was a down payment and that our works are the installments. I said, "So salvation isn't really a free gift, is that what you mean?"

He said, "No, that's not what I'm saying."

Rather than repeat the cycle, I just stopped there and said, "I'm sorry, I just don't get it." He never could explain it.

My goal was to get him to think. I don't know if I succeeded, but at least we didn't sound like Abbott and Costello doing "Who's on First?"

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm sure those clowns will be back to visit me before the Memorial. Nope, not gonna go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit