Why Not Reject 1st Century Org. as God's ?

by Explorer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Explorer, all of these are good comments, and there is much wisdom in some of the things being said here. I still don't know how to copy some of the posts here and quote them. So I will just say that that Indireneed, Utopian Reformist, Adonai438 touched on all of what I feel, and so did a lot of others. I don't believe in an Organization, but I believe in the pricipals of goodness, kindness, and compassion. There is goodness in most people for the most part. If what you say is true, about God eventually straightening out the problems in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, than the same principal will apply to all the religions that are trying to follow what the believe is what Christ taught. In the book of Revelation, where it speaks about the congregations, Ephesus, Laodacia etc, were all experiencing problems that are common in all the Christian religions today. Some were tolerating idolatry, some immorality some had lost love, and so on. So now, how does the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses stand out as clean in comparison, accept that they hide what they do. Everything is a secret so as not to "bring reproah" on Jehovah's name. And, I have heard many devout witnesses say "well we are the only ones who preach the Kingdom Message",.... Well, I ask what Kingdom Message is that? The Good News of the Kingdom according to Watchtower Organization, a Publishing Company? Their message,really is not good news for the majority of mankind who Christ died for. The kingdom message is being talked about all over the earth by all religions that are Christian, namely that Christ died for mankind and therefore we have the way to God's favor though we are all sinners. Human kindness and compassions was the kingdom message Christ taught, and I don't think there is anybody in the Watchtower Organization who can compare to Mother Theresa in that regard. Will she be destroyed forever or not granted a resurrection according to Watchtower because she is not part of the Organization? Who is ANYONE to say what God would do or not do, how presumptuous. Explorer, continue learning and asking questions you will find your answers. And there is goodness in people and Jesus knew that.

• neyank
    neyank

Explorer,

Rem brought out a good point.

Any group can be put in place of the JWs
    using the same argument.

All the different denominations of Christianity have faults.
    All have made mistakes.
    All think they have the right answers.
    All think they are the way to God.

Now knowing how all the different parts of Chrisianity have
    screwed up, including JWs, how is it that you can say that the JWS are Gods people today and not the others?

neyank

• speechless
    speechless

Amen neyank!

My thoughts exactly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit