Ready for the big showdown!

by Pams girl 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks to all who have given me such support this past week, for your kind PMs, and all your hints and tips for leaving..or slipping away. Hubby threw out all my WT and Awake literature yesterday (going back to 1983, it was a lot!)

Ive read so much, heared testamonials, done my research, taken on board your help and suggestions. I am ready for the big showdown. Soon, I will get a 2 sister call, inviting me to the KH for the Memorial. Well, the info Ive now got is going to knock em for six, and Im ready for the backlash when it comes. Im 100% sure that its Gods direction thats lead me here.....Im not afraid any more. Youve all helped me break away from the cycle of fear they perpetuate......THANK YOU!

Im looking forward to the hand made card my son will make me for Mothers Day and my hubbys birthday on Thursday, Im looking forward to nights out enjoying a few bevvies, and enjoying being friends with whom I choose....of seeing my kid in the Xmas play, of living my life without fear, of so many things......THANK YOU!

Ive got a long way to go, to find out where I belong. But I will find the way...I know I will. I will miss a few people, but Ive got so much living to catch up on, Im sure it wont be as horrible as I once imagined it would be. THANK YOU!

It makes so much sense to me now, how could I ever have put my life in the hands of 12 old gits in Bethel!!!

Wish me luck, I will let you know how I get on! Big deep breath Paula girl, youre jumping ship! THANKS ALL!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Enjoy your new lives

Cheers

Chris

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Love a good success story! Your life is about to change in many wonderful ways! Your strength and courage gets my respect. Kick some ass, girl!

• cofty
    cofty

Good luck Pams Girl, your future starts here, there is so much to look forward to.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

GOOD LUCK!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

NLW's wife

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Your going to run rings round them! Go dressed like this...

We are still waiting for jc letter, I will wipe my ass on it and send it back to them..

Keep us all posted on developments. I am in the UK in the Midlands and you sound like you may be from the UK aswell ?

Take care from the HHG and SB .

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hahaha Hairyhegoat, funny as! Yes, Im in South Wales, although I lived in Coventry for 17 years, back in the Motherland now. Luckily, most of the JWs seem to live in 1 or 2 streets further up the valley, and Im on the other side up a hill.

I particularly liked the info I was sent yesterday, got so excited, I printed it off ready for the showdown.....cue the gunfighter music....

Those lot in Bethel are gonna get theirs I tell ya, wanting all the glory and worship thats not theirs......they will have to render an account......whoop whoop! Ive got some Madonna gear for a fancy dress party, I might whack that on when the sisters pay their little "bums on seats for the memorial" visit.................hahaha...

Whats your story with the jc letter etc?

Thanks NLW wife, cofty, publishing cult and black sheep x

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad you feel positive about the way ahead. When we are in a bad situation we see things through the eyes of our abusers. They call us weak and unspiritual, selfish and bad and we hear it so many times we feel it may be true. When we break free the words loose their power and we see clearly that they are the weak controlled people and most of the rank and file are to be pitied. They do not know enough about their religion to fully understand the trouble they are in.

Enjoy your moment and many happy returns to your husband for Thursday I am sure having you free of a cult was a pretty good start to the celbrations.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

TBH Pam and well done with what you are doing BTW but it probably wont be the "big showdown" you think it could be because you are not baptized, they will think that you were just always weak,never made the truth your own,headstrong and not humble or meek enough, they will leave you alone.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

TBH, describing it as a showdown is how I feel about it. Im a non-confrontational person who lives with panic and anxiety everyday. This is me giving myself a bit of power, and telling myself I can do it. No biggy for anyone else, but massive for me. It still feels like Im going to the executioner, as thats how my brain is wired up. Im sure my anguish over it isnt comparible to the horror of others being in for years, but to me it feels just as bad, even though Ive only been a study for 6 years. I need to look at it as a fight to enable me to break free forever. I dont give a stuff if they think Im weak or whatever, just want it over and done with si I can start living my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit