Update on my Brother and Cousin...

by mindfield 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

It is unfortunately not hard for me to comprehend, mindfield.. My mum and Dad kicked me out at 17, and I was still a JW...!!! A questioning one though.. I always remember Elders * my dad had stepped down as one due to family bickering*.being involved in EVERY fight both my older brother and I had, and on e particular elder had said" if your Mother and Father tell you to sleep on the roof ..you do it..".They also made us Write out a contract of good behavoiur( I kid you not), and I and my brother had to sign it..me at 14 my brother at 17....Parental love and unconditional love at that, which is a right everyone should have..goes out the window when dealing with JW'S your parents or not.and Andrew, to answer you ..in a way... I was quite happy to stay in my family..but had the right to not believe in what my parents were choking down my throat, as I had an immense feeling God was for everyone not a select group of people..

"The past is but the beginning of a beginning and all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn."
    H.G. Wells

• mindfield
    mindfield

Aaaah, yes... unconditional love. God's organization is truly filled with loving parents filled with unconditinal love for their children.

Praise be to JAH!

Seriously, that's just sick. I'm sorry to hear about that, kissafish.

• JanH
    JanH

andrew,

I have no respect for people who stop being JWs because they have a few doubts, so they up and move in with a boyfriend or girlfriend or do whatever they wanted to, but couldn't as a JW. That just tells me they didn't like the lifestyle and are not all that interested if it is true or not, but more interested in living life how they want to live.

Even though I left after a thorough examination, I disagree strongly that there is anything wrong with leaving to live your own life your own way. Studying JWdom to find out what is wrong with it is fine and well for some people, like me, but others simply don't care how many heads gods have or whatever the quarrel is.

If you pursue the intellectual/religious course, you may well end up using the best years of your life for what proves to be rubbish. To know intellectually that JWdom is nonsense is satisfying, but I see no reason to belittle those who leave on general gut feel.

- Jan
    --
    The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

• amccullough
    amccullough

Maybe I used the wrong wording as most of the replies seem to have missed my point. By saying I have no respect, I mean it in the sense that I have no admiration for their choice. If they are giving it up on a whim, than it is what I said previously, a PRICEY GAMBLE.
    On the other hand, I can empathize and respect someone who has come to a conclusion based on diligent study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit