Westboro Baptist Church: Are They Christians?

by whereami 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The goal is to get people to attack the group, so that he can sue. The goal is to get local municipalities to not allow them to protest, so that he can sue.

In that case, he must have been a pretty piss-poor civil rights lawyer

Actually, they have a well established, thriving firm, and people continue to use them because they are very good attorneys.

Additionally, they have made a substantial amount of money by collecting attorney's fees and costs subsequent to winning their cases. That's why they want people to sue them; they have adroit at arguing constitutional law cases, and it's profitable for them.

Whereami: I think you have not getting the answer you want because your question is not phrased properly. You asked if they were Christians. Only Jesus can decide whether or not someone is his follower, not anyone on this board.

I suspect the question you are really asking is this: Does anything they say actually conflict with the what is written in the Bible?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Justitia! Glad to see you making an opinion on this.

I suspected you would support the Westboro wing-nuts.

• whereami
    whereami

Thank you PSac & Tammy for your input. Again I agree with your assesment of the issue.

Whereami: I think you have not getting the answer you want because your question is not phrased properly. You asked if they were Christians. Only Jesus can decide whether or not someone is his follower, not anyone on this board.
    I suspect the question you are really asking is this: Does anything they say actually conflict with the what is written in the Bible?

Justitia Themis, thank you also for your input. Maybe your right, I wasn't clear enough on what I was asking from the thread title. But I thought I made it clear later on. Take a look:

What exactlly are they saying that is wrong? Are they using their own bible version?
    Are they misrepresenting what the bible says or not? Does the bible agree with them?
    Are they saying something that's in the Christian bible or not?
    is what they're saying technically wrong?
    Are they not just repeating what the bible says on these subject? Are you saying the bible doesn't say that man sleeping with man women with women will not inharent the kingdom of heaven?

I think that qualifies for what you said is the way I should have worded it no?

Again thanks to everyone for their input.

• sabastious
    sabastious

PSac and Tammy,

So your point is that maybe they will turn around? Why do you feel qualified to say whether someone is Christian or not?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    So your point is that maybe they will turn around? Why do you feel qualified to say whether someone is Christian or not?

That is always a possibility and you need to re-read our posts, neither Tammy nor I said we ARE qualified, we simple stated why WE believe that they are not following the teachings of Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit