Is "Kingdumb Hall" really an offensive term?

by cyberjesus 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If a friend of mine starts to say things out of emotion and I call him "Schizophrenic" then that might be an insult. However if he is having auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking then that word becomes a description of his situation.

Now I ask you. Does the attendance to the KH promote intelligence? Reason? Does it make brigther individuals? promote logical and critical thinking? Do they help you reseach both sides of the coin? formulate thoughts and conclusions? or does it promote exactly the opposite.

My son(14) visited my Mother 2 weeks ago they didnt talk about religion or anything. My Mom just wrote me a letter telling me that my sister told her she saw a post on his facebook calling himself an Atheist and that made my mother really really sad.... What was her response? in his suitcase I found out the ATHEIST issue of the awake magazine..

So Mom finds out that Grandson has a very bad disease that makes her soo sad that moves her to do what? research in dept what atheism is? to askim questions about his beliefs, to find out why?... no. the answer must lie in the magazine. If you read the magazine you will understand why that religion creates Witless individuals in the Kingdumb Hall.

I found offensive the term Jehovah's witness and the Terms Kingdom Hall. Jehovah is a bad translation of an ancient Horrible God. They didnt witness anything other than the fact than an Idiot who call himself Judge used that name as a markenting campaing. That empy windowless box they attend that call Kingdom Hall belongs has no real King and no Kingdom.

What do you think?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To a JDub, it would clearly be offensive. If talking to a JDub that you don't want to offend, probably should "season with salt".

On the other hand, here and among other groups, no one would care and it likely even gets a snicker the first time.

• simon17
    simon17

I find all those things childish and lazy. People nowadays have lost so much command of the English language that it is sad. Its such a powerful thing, and we tend to simply degenerate into insults (not just here, in general). I find it much more convincing and powerful if you carefully evoke the reasons and emotions behind why the insults are valid to begin with.

• Reality79
    Reality79

If any Jehovah Wickedness finds Kingdumb Hall offensive too bad, because it's an accurate description.

I find the term "worldy" far more disparaging...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    People nowadays have lost so much command of the English language

Does the term Jehovah's Witness describe the person better than Jehovah Witless? is that better English usage?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    To a JDub, it would clearly be offensive

Lol the irony

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I get the sentiment, but try my best not to use mockery in serious conversation. Mockery is immature, lowbrow and ineffective as an instrument of persuasion. Same goes for the "Witless" label. What is the purpose if not to offend and alienate the individual it is flung at?

So, to answer your question, yes, it is.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    I find all those things childish and lazy

why? and you still haven address my original question... is it really offensive or descriptive? I dont care they someone find it offensive, is it descriptive..

If someone calls me "hey you mexican".... well even if I dont like it, I am.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I use terms like Kingdumb Hell and Asleep! gammy-zine because of the irony held in them. I do not use these terms in my conversations. So what if I did?

I have been called names using JW 'feeling of superiority swear words' = 'spiritually weak', 'apostate', 'immature', 'worldly' and so on.

So, bolloicks to them. If they can't take it they can shut the funck up!

• simon17
    simon17

why? and you still haven address my original question... is it really offensive or descriptive? I dont care they someone find it offensive, is it descriptive..

If someone calls me "hey you mexican".... well even if I dont like it, I am.

The person using an insult is not the one that gets to determine if it's offensive or not. So, yes, I'm sure every active JW would find it offensive, so in my opinion it "is" an offensive term. Especially on a website that has as one of its functions getting browsing JW's to think deeper and more clearer about their religion.

Mexican is your nationality. That is the official term and a real word. If you went to a JW and said "oh you're just another witness" than they shouldn't be offended by it, even if they may be annoyed by your tone. But the WORD itself would not be an insult. I'm sure most Mexican's would not react the same way to being called a "Mexican" to being called a "Spic Drug Runner" yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit