FACTS BASED ON 2010 YEARBOOK

by jakeyen 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

FACTS BASED ON 2010 YEARBOOK

TOP 30 LANDS WITH JW (from US - Autralia) (mostly Christian countries)
    Population : 1,978,714,595
    Peak JW : 6,264,293
    Ratio : 1 : 315

REMAINING 206 LANDS WITH JW
    Population : 4,723,153,974
    Peak JW : 1,243,757
    Ratio : 1 JW to 3,797 Non JW
    Total Hours Spent Peaching : 267,569,374 for the WHOLE YEAR

SO from these facts, WHAT DO YOU CONCLUDE?

Will someone make STATS geographically, we need numbers from non-Christian countries and compare it to christian countries.

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

*** w92 5/1 p. 7 The 1914 Generation—Why Significant? ***
    From small beginnings in 1919, Jehovah’s Witnesses have continued without letup to spread “this good news.” As a result, millions from over 200 lands are now being gathered as subjects of God’s Kingdom. And what blessings await these subjects! The Kingdom will abolish war, famine, crime, and oppression. It will even overcome sickness and death!—Psalm 46:9; 72:7, 12-14, 16; Proverbs 2:21, 22; Revelation 21:3, 4.
    Before the 1914 generation passes away, the Kingdom-preaching work will have accomplished its purpose. “Then,” foretold Jesus, “there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.”—Matthew 24:21, 22.

• wobble
    wobble

I too would be interested in any analysis someone would like to do.

As to their preaching and its "penetration", it stands to reason that as what 85 or 90 million ? are born every year in the World, they are getting smaller and smaller in relation to World population.

The silly little Cult of the WT/JW's is being subsumed.

The 1914 generation is now gone, and the Kingdom preaching work achieved two things, not much and bugger-all.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I was showing my daughter the World Population Clock the other day, counting up the world's growing population.

"Look at that," I told her. "All those people. Do you reckon people are being baptised as JWs as fast as that?"

The consequences are clear: the longer God delays Armageddon "in order that more may be saved" (ha! and he's been doing that since 1914 ...) it just leaves him with more people to kill.

Would a loving God do that?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I conclude that the whole thing is fake. Most of the growth from the big 30 countries has already happened, and now it is rotting from within. You see more fake time slips, more people dragged out in field circus because they have to, more children being dragged out, and more people dogging field circus. In the Third World, you see people believing the scam, but even there people are starting to get the facts and refuse to get baptized or they are becoming lazy and turning in bogus time slips or only going out enough to appease the hounders.

I think the days of real growth are gone. And these numbers are every bit as inflated as the price of gas, which actually is down nearly 60% in real money since 1971 despite being 10 times more expensive in nominal terms.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@WTWizard- where do you see "more fake time slips"?

I read numerous posts on JWN claiming most jws hand in fake time slips but on what is this based?

Those who post here who say they faked their own time slips never really believed what the witnesses teach.

Where is the proof that most active jws fake their time slips?

I believe the figures in the YB are true. I'd like to see the evidence that they are not.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i once exchanged my time slip with my brother in law and we both wrote down 2 hours, which really ment we were not in service at all. it's very common. some would write 4 hours instead of 2...

and then there are those who drop a magazine in the morning, then drive half an hour, walk another half an hour and count all of it. but you HAVE to place a mag BEFORE all the driving. everyone's got their own stupid time calculation. it's mainly a method to avoid pressure, be it from the elders or the circuit overseer's talk.

it's a really common thing.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I know at the end of the month the service overseer would call the ones who did not turn in a slip and asked them if they had any time to turn in. If they didn't he would ask them if they talk to anybody that month. If they could not remember he would say to them, surely you said somethng to somebody and he would convince them they did and he would write down a hour for them. In the 4 congregation I have been in I saw this taking place. Even the service overseers fake the hours. Totally ADD

• factfinder
    factfinder

@TotallyADD- that is a shame the service overseer in your cong. was willing to do that.

I saw the opposite! Elders would talk to me and ask about certain ones in the cong who did not report FS. I worked in fs with some of these ones and told that elder and others that they DO go out in fs. They would not report their time. Some sisters and brothers told me Jehovah KNOWS what they are doing so they do not need to report. I mentioned this several times to the cong secretary, PO and others. But I was told UNLESS someone gives their own report, either by handing in a time slip or calling to let their book study conductor or the cong secretary know what they did in fs that month nothing would be reported for them and their publisher's record card would have 0's on it.

I spoke with several CO's about this and they told me no one can be counted as a publisher unless they report their own activity. It did not matter that I spent 2 1/2 hours in fs with that sister on Saturday and saw her place 4 magazines. She did not report it and thus was not counted. The number who reported FS was always LOWER than the number of publishers the CO reported to the society. Because we had around 20 fewer pubs handing in FS reports than there were pub record cards! The society counts reports from publishers who hand in fs reports! These figures are used to tally the yb report. The number of publishers record cards could be hundreds of thousands MORE than the 7.5 million reported in the YB!

This is why I doubt there really are many who "fake" their reports. I never did- I went out in service to please Jehovah and I believed he knew what I was reporting. I think there are more that never get counted but do share in some form of fs than there are those who do not go out in fs at all and hand in Fake reports.

Any reports that are "faked" are insignificant.

• wobble
    wobble

Factfider, I don't doubt your experience, but the ones taking part in FS and not reporting are very few compared with the ones who report pure fiction.

When I was a pioneer I worked in FS all over our Territory with the various groups throughout each month, I know who went out, and when I saw the FS record cards I was amazed at the barefaced lying that went on by a large percentage of the congo. , not a few who were Elders and MS.

There were a good number too, who were like you, honest and doing it for jehovah, these were mainly sisters, but not all.

But any conclusions drawn from YB figures cannot be anywhere near accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit