Did you feel your BOE was spirit directed?

by pontoon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Reality79
    Reality79

Interesting stuff......I like reading posts from former elders.

Now I understand why a lot of these guys are the way they are. I long suspected most of them were just on a power trip, threads like this simply prove it by revealing what goes on behind the scenes of popularity contests, I mean, elders meetings.....

• factfinder
    factfinder

No- and just as everyone else mentioned I saw squables and fights among elders, power plays, lies, etc. One elder ( who was studying with me) choked me and I briefly blacked out. I was told its all politics. I said Jesus said there can't be politics in the kh. Yes- thats what it was.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Mad Sweeny- you are right. The more I got to know certain elders the more I saw their giant egos.

A few were sincere but always gave in to the egotistical big shot ones.

In fs an elder told me his boss was an a-hole while we were going door to door. I couldn't believe it.

Elders told their wives things I confided to them.

One elder told me a certain sister was a lesbian. She had trusted him to keep it confidential. I felt so bad for her. This elder always bragged about his accomplishments in Jehovah's organization. Still, many looked up to him and criticized me for not feeling the same. Big egos is what I discovered so many of them had.

• satinka
    satinka

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

satinka

• villabolo
    villabolo

But if we don't think they're spirit directed...

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit