Do You Feel Somewhat Liberated When You Talk About Your JW Past?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I worked very hard to change my identity from weird JW. It isn't revelant in everday conversation. Once I know people well, I might reference it. People laugh at the idea of me knocking on doors and asking "do you want eternal life?" I can have them rolling on the floor. Dependening on my mood, I either feel like crying or laugh harder than anyone.

I worry that my hatred of them is pathological. This site convinced me otherwise. Close friends know my rage towards the WTBTS. The vast majority of people only know blood and knocking on doors. They respect individual Witnesses. Typically, no one knows the cult aspects the way we do. I suppose what I believe now doctrinally is just as crazy as Witness doctrine. The cult aspect is what drives home my anger. The Witnesses are a joke.

I lived in Manhattan for decades. Locals comment on the strange phenomena of Bethel so very close to Brooklyn Heights. People in Brooklyn Heights are devoted to restoration and civic affairs, just as people do in Greenwich Village. I guess birds of a feather flock together. Bethel almost went out of their way to not accomodate their concerns. These are NOT people who would hate based on religion. One of the strong suggestions was not to display plastic flowers and contribute to tackiness. Certainly, the Society could afford a few fresh flowers. I worked a little on zoning board issues for a large law firm. It is very important to establish good relationships with your neighbors. No fresh flowers. This silly thing reflects the Witness culture so much.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

A lot of the people I hang out with now knew me when I was a JW. It is kind of nice if they ask about me being a JW and I can tell them that I'm not anymore!

There are very few people that don't know I was a JW that I talk about it with. Its not worth bringing up usually.

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I hate talking about it even though I was never baptised. I'm never the one to bring it up and when it is brought up I'll answer questions and change the subject.

• d
    d

yes becauase I can see just how much of a lunatic those people were and how I once associated with such people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit