Lore
    premarital sex

I'm opposed to postmarital sex.

gay marriage

Marriage is stupid.

higher education

Wish I had some. Still working on it.

music

I will listen too it, but not participate in it's production.

smoking

Smoking is stupid

interfaith marriage

Faith is stupid, marriage is stupid. Interfaith marriage is the combination of 3 stupid things.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The Westboro Baptist Church idiots ALMOST made me give up on constitutional free speech in this country.

ALMOST.

But then I realized that these idiots really should have no more power over my opinions about the constitution than the JWs have power over my religious thoughts.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good question.

Yes, my opinions have definitely changed, for the better. I'm far less judgemental, and as a result, happier and more relaxed.

I'm reminded of how much I've changed when I hear my staunch JW sister say something, and I think, this is how I used to think????

JW opinions sound soooo judgemental and frankly, ridiculous, when you hear it from the other side.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

premarital sex = love it

gay marriage = adore it

higher education = gotta have it

music = didn't know what I was missing

smoking = trying to quit

interfaith marriage = don't think I could ever marry someone who believes in God. Too weird. It would be like being married to someone who spent most of her day making sure she was doing things just the way Santa would want them done.

My entire life and perspectives have changed. Nothing scares me. Very few things are taboo. Nothing much offends or upsets me these days except violence, bloodshed, child abuse, bigotry, corruption, racism, homophobia, and willful ignorance.

Edit: I, too, am way less critical and judgmental of others, and I am probably 5 X more moral and ethical-minded than when I was a repressed JW. Love the irony there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit