What world events would cause you to run back to the JW,s

by jam 76 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

A year or two after leaving the borg. I was on shaky ground.

Any major catastrophe in the world that took place, I thought

maybe they are right. Today I can not think of one single event

that would cause me to fall on my knees and beg the brothers to take

me back, unless Jehovah appears and say this is my organization.

If this topic have been discuss before I apologize.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It has been discussed but that's ok. There aren't many purely original threads.

What would make me go back to the Borg? Nothing whatsoever.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A free man will never voluntarily return to the shackles of slavery.

• Spade
    Spade

Some people will never repent:

For it is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

What they used to hold dear is now repugnant. They will never repent and humbly seek God’s forgiveness for their sin and rejection of Christ’s ransom. They are beyond repentance.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ok, I've thought of something that would get me back. If the Borg could master the worldwide elimination of messageboard trolls permanently it would be a miracle worthy of our devotion.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

If I saw direct evidence on a worldwide scale that God is with these people I would return.

Its why I stay on the outskirts of the religion. Im fairly convinced that as of right now they are not Gods org. But to be closed off to it would be closing myself off to possible truth. Im open to anything. But not even something the scale of the Nazis attacking them like they did in wwII would do it. Im talking major definative proof. Dont ask me what. I would know it if I saw it. And I dont see it anytime soon.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

As a born-in I guess some of those irrational fears will never completely go away, even though I've done enough research to know that the god of the Old Testament never existed. The question is academic: No Jehovah= no reason to run anywhere.

• Spade
    Spade

Just because I know something about the pathology of apostates doesn't make me a troll. Though mistaken and deluded, apostates claim to know something about the psychology of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/mind-control-or-brainwashing.html

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

uh oh...Spade is bored again...

And I can't think of anything that would make me go back. Ever.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Today I can not think of one single event that would cause me to fall on my knees and beg the brothers to take me back, unless Jehovah appears and say this is my organization.

Even IF their was a god named Jehovah and he appears and tells me that the WT$ is his org, I would simply say: "No thanks, your religions sucks and I do NOT want to live forever with your people (JWs)."

So my answer to your question would be: "nothing"

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit