Secret Elder Business

by ozziepost 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi again all....

An addendum to my previous post: Caesar's courts have a court stenographer, to faithfully take down every single word of a proceeding, which then is made valaible to all comers. And what do we have in the Spiritual Paadise? A stern command not to be caught wth a tape recorder or even to take notes!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I s'pose Caesar's courts have to do that 'cos they're worldly and can't be truted.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

Another reason touched upon is the supposed nead to make some feel superior than others. Pioneers have a Special Manual which they're NEVER to show to any regular jw. Elders have a Special Manual which they're NEVER to show to any regular jw - or pioneer. I would assume that CO's & DO's have the same.

Interestingly, elders would quote rules to us from the Society, we would ask where that is printed so we could look it up - and then they'd hit us with "Well, it's For Elders' Eyes Only.

It's ego - *they* are higher, special, having secret knowledge in a book made especially for *them.* The WTBTS has designed it to make a strong clergy class, just as the old Catholic Church had. Keep the parishoner giving money but ignorant.

I fully agree with the "no notes" policy around here - the elders in my family had referred to it.....and the problem of how to keep it accurately in mind if there was nothing to look up later.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit