Live Action Role-Playing coming to a Family Worship Night near you!

by Mr. Falcon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Lately, I have seen demonstrations and interviews on stage of guys who are bragging about how they incorporate dressing up in costume and reinacting Bible accounts for their Family Worship Night.

Family Worship Evening: Serious Business

This kind of bafoonary and other assorted silliness is encouraged to make Family Worship "fun and enjoyable". Therefore, my question for discussion is this - If there is a need to make family "worship" fun and entertaining, does that mean that they are admitting that their regular meetings are deadly boring?

Lay it down on me, you sultry, succulent voices of reason.....

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Buffoonery is an appropriate word. Its borerline idolatry too.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its all about indoctrination. It takes many forms. Sitting in mind numbing meetings year after year obviously isn't enought, as tons of teens bolt the religion the second they turn 18, and as we even see on this board they are mentally checking out before that.

So what better way to mold young "skulls full of mush" (sorry for the Rush reference) then by imitating Noah? I mean if you can build an ark, collect every species of animal, and preach to the entire known earth at the time, you shouldn't have a problem with dishing out magazines every Saturday.

Actually, you shoud be "doing more" than that. Get baptized (even though you are only 13 years old) get that regular pioneer application filled out (even though you haven't finished high school, you can always get your GED) and prepare for a lifetime of full time serve-us.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Here is one mini-drama topic you will never hear about being performed at home from the platform in a kingdom hall:

Just then Jesus met them and said, “Good morning!” They came up, took hold of His feet, and worshiped Him. Then Jesus told them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see Me there.”

Matthew 28:9-10

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

"Let us LARP, in the name of Jah!"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Don't be surprised if a year or so down the line they come out with an article urging family heads to make the FWN a more serious occasion in view of its importance in Jehovah's arrangement, or some such.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

LARPing with JWs! Yeah. Just the way *I* would want to spend a Saturday afternoon...

V665V665

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

NeonMadman - good call. I can totally see "new light" regarding this arrangement in the next few years. Maybe they will scrap it all together. I doubt it.

Vamp - I am a level 45 publisher and your "burning satanic missile" attack is no match for my Sword of the Spirit with power-up.

"Brother Flanders, what have you done to make your Family Worship Night more creative?"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cool. I want to be a nephilim.

W

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I wanna be David. Dude basically had the playboy mansion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit