Facial Hair – a Perfect Fading Strategy

by zarco 30 Replies latest jw friends

• zarco
    zarco

So a brother wants to fade, but would rather not explain his reasons. Let’s say he grows a nice beard or goatee. In all likelihood - in the US - he would lose his privileges. In most congregations he would not serve in any “exemplary capacity”. He would not even run microphones or be in the TMS. All he would have to do is explain why he grew the facial hair. He could say all sorts of things:

• My wife likes it
    • It makes me look distinguished
    • All of the professors are doing it

What do you think - a perfect fading strategy?

Zarco

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Not a bad idea, so long as you are doing it with the actual intent of fading.

I guess I was fading my last 5 years as a Witness. Unfortunately I thought I was just helping-by-leading-the-way to get rid of a silly psuedo-doctrine that all Witnesses want to get rid of anyway. It was a 5 year beating.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Nah because they would hound you even worse than they would for just not going to a few meetings here and there. Trust me, they do hound about the facial hair.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nice.

It's a variation on what I did, although, oddly enough, my "priveleges" had already been slowly and steadily eroded. Not that I minded; life without congo "priveleges" was way easier that life with 'em.

Surprisingly, I got little criticism for growing my Chad Kroeger; mostly complements, as a matter of fact. Only one or two people grumbled a little, and then, just once or twice. I suspect that they already knew that any objections they made could be easliy refuted with logic and common sense. People in my orbit learned early not to say things that made them look stoopid.

• dgp
    dgp

I don't know anything about this, of course, but, couldn't you get your privileges taken away from you by being kind of "careless" with the mikes, or answering many questions but with silly answers? Or beating around the bush? For example, say the question is "Why is Jehovah's mental regulating good for the youth", someone could say, "Well, brother, as you know...er.. please bear with me because I have to get my point across very clearly. Jehovah, you know, our Maker..."

Just a thought.

• blondie
    blondie

A black brother (an elder) in this area had a skin condition that makes shaving almost impossible without making it much worse.

http://books.google.com/books?id=tMwDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA18-IA2&lpg=PA18-IA2&dq=extreme+razor+bumps+black+men&source=bl&ots=s7CXyiSOpA&sig=niXFcg2m70dWV1nTfw7y5sk9UEQ&hl=en&ei=OaRqTbrHNIbVgAePoOnKCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CFEQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=extreme%20razor%20bumps%20black%20men&f=false

He was required to shave...so he stepped down as a elder and maintained a small beard.

The WTS sees beards on men in the WTS (US) as a sign of rebellion.

• dgp
    dgp

Blondie: EVIDENTLY, Jehovah didn't want him as an elder .

• zoiks
    zoiks

I've said it before-

For a fader, a beard is a great scareJW and a really good apostate secret handshake.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

If you piss off the wrong elders, they might railroad you via the new "brazen conduct" clause in the new shepherding manual.
    Not such a "perfect" stategy IMHO...

V665V665

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I predict that neatly groomed facial hair will be more acceptable in the US in the next few years. It's already allowed in other parts of the world. Think shaved heads and brightly colored dress shirts. If enough brothers do it, it will become more normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit