WOW. This is getting tougher II

by Franklin Massey 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/206514/3/Wow-This-is-Getting-Tougher

After the last comment from SweetBabyCheezits, the thread disappears with no place to continue posting. I went to page one and added a comment to the thread but I can't see it.

Suggestions? Help?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just added a comment as a test but can't see it either. I'm using IE. I wonder if this is an issue for Firefox users too.

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Even as a moderator here this is a bit baffling to me Franklin. The thread does not appear locked, but I also am unable to comment on it.

I have seen this happen before. I am changing the name of THIS thread to WOW. This is getting tougher II. Hopefully others will see it and continue the thread here. Hope that's ok with you.

Peace

Jeff

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have seen threads come back from this condition when enough new comments are added to span over to the next page of 20.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Now your name appears in the header - so hopefully others can find it with ease.

Jeff

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Thanks! It's probably a sign from God that I shouldn't be on this site

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

FM, I can see the missing comments in the other thread using Firefox so I added a link to this new thread.

You started a good discussion. I hope it doesn't die prematurely. Just keep us posted either way.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

I finally got done reading the first thread. Although I come from a completely different JW path, I was a born-in and held the concept of it being "The Truth" deep in my subconscious for a very long time even after I never got baptized and left it behind in my late teens. I was so caught up in making decisions quickly because the end was right around the corner. I made some bad decisions because of that. All I can hope to add to this discussion is the fact that this might have more to do with your need to find the solution quickly than you realize - all on a subconscious level. I totally understand your impatience in the matter, but try to take a deep breath and really think through all of your options and their possible outcomes. My mother recently enough went back to the cult and I was hasty to try to keep her from going back. I doubt that I'll really be able to plant any seeds now and always run the risk that she'll consider me an apostate and shun me because she knows just how I feel about the cult. When finally decided to research the JWs when my mother announced that she was going back, it really opened my eyes. Even though it was a slow process, my subconscious finally stopped thinking as if the end could be tomorrow and I've been able to look forward to doing things with my future years from now.

I also understand your thought process when it comes to God. Some days I feel like God is really there. Other days I just don't know. I have found great comfort in the concept that it can be okay to not know the answers, and to just enjoy the journey. Whatever your journey ends up being, I wish you the best. Even though, knowing the truth about "the truth" comes with some pain, I'm so glad that you are no longer imprisoned by their mind control!

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Beware, thank you for joining in the discussion. Good points about finding solutions. This stood out:

it can be okay to not know the answers

I wish JWs were "allowed" to feel this way. Bible students aren't even allowed to feel that way. How many times have you heard of a study who has been through multiple books, knows the local friends, attends some meetings, lives a good life, but never takes the dip because of some small hangup on a JW doctrinal issue. I shouldn't even call it a hang up. They have every right to their viewpoints. But not to JWs they don't. If someone disagreess with a JW, then that person is wrong because if the Society says it's true, it's true. A JW is at risk even admitting that they maybe just aren't convinced by the current printed explanation of a doctrine. If you don't believe something JWs teach, then the problem is with YOU, not with them. That is unfair, dishonest, and a big part of why I'm struggling with having to dispense this stuff on a regular basis.

This thread has been very helpful to me as it has made me realize that I can't go on like this for the rest of my life. If I don't change something, the best parts of my life will begin to suffer. What that change is and when it will happen is yet to be determined. I sincerely thank everyone who has read and/or posted on this thread.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

Not being convinced of every little detail was exactly why I never took the dip. I felt like something was wrong with me for years as a kid. I begged for a sign that it was "The Truth" and never got one, so I decided that I shouldn't be dedicating my whole life to something I secretly had majorly bad feelings about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit