FBI — 1941 J. Edgar Hoover on Rutherford

by Marvin Shilmer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Today I loaded onto my blog a letter issued by J. Edgar Hoover making a recommendation about J. F. Rutherford, then President of Watchtower.

My blog entry is titled FBI — 1941 J. Edgar Hoover on Rutherford, and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/02/fbi-1941-j-edgar-hoover-on-rutherford.html

Marvin Shilmer

marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• VM44
    VM44

It would be very interesting to get that dossier on Rutherford that the letter mentions.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

VM44,

One day that will likely happen.

Marvin Shilmer

• Giordano
    Giordano

what does it say? I could not get it to enlarge and using zoom it was to blury to read

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I wonder if the Freedom of Information Act can be used to get the dossier that will give the reasons for this recommendation?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

edited to fix thread - Lady lee

• slimboyfat
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Being that the letter was written out in 1941, I'm sure the involving WW 2 had something to do with watching known

anti-government subversives such as Rutherford, particularly concerning Rutherford's stance on refusing military service.

I'm sure the FBI had a long list of people of popular notoriety that were being carefully looked upon.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As much as I have disdain for Rutherford, esp. his treatment of women, and change in the culture of Bible Students, this FBI letter is absolutely chilling. Americans have political rights, even in war time. Unless something tying Rutherford to espionage with Japan or Germany is forthcoming, Rutherford did nothing to warrant detention even during the Civil War. I opposed the Patriot Act. Our freedoms distinguish from the others. Once we find them convenient to ignore, the others have won. Bin Laden can't cripple the United States but our reaction to Bin Laden can.

This is by the same closeted queen who rounded up Japanese American citizens of proven loyalty while allowing German lovefests in Yorkville, Manhattan. The racism is clear cut. We fought a war in large measure due to racism.

The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. This monster blackmailed United States presidents who were terrified of his revelations so he was not reigned in properly. My 60s activist blood is rising.

Living with his gay lover in DC, Hoover rounded up homosexuals, blackmailed and sent them to prison. He belongs under a stone with other slimy, vile creatures.

As the media said during the September 11th crisis, I am an American! and I object to his methods.

P.S. Has a FOIA claim been filed?

• moshe
    moshe

Let's see the war broke out right after this letter was written and Rutherford dies a year later in 1942- how convenient for the FBI for him to die, so he wouldn't have to be placed in detainment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit