Need tunes to play when my JW window cleaner is next here...

by highdose 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AnonJW
  • AnonJW
  • AnonJW
    AnonJW

Or, plug the laptop into some speakers and play Duncan's Jehovah's Witness song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pp_NShg-gY

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

If you're into classical: Ave Maria (read somewhere a GB liked the tune, even though it was clearly from Babylon the Great).

Gospel is always a great idea to annoy devout JWs.

Amazing Grace

Oh Happy Day!

How Great thou Art (Carrie Underwood)

Prayer (Celine Dion) - I love this one. It's actually more a pop song.

That's if you're actually into Gospel and appreciate that kind of music. I know I found it inspiring, even when I was still mentally a JW.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Marvin Gaye - Can I Get A Witness

........or maybe not...................................I got it......

The Benny Hill 'Chase scene' Music!!

• Lunatic Faith
  • moshe
    moshe

I would play the last three minutes of the 1969 WT talk by Charles Sinutko- the one with the famous line, "stay alive until 1975"- rmember those endless loop tapes? Nothing like good "meat in due season" from the F&DS@!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Jamie Cullum - It Ain't Necessarily So

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones is always a good one.

My husband always used to blast Ozzie Osbourne/Black Sabbath and a live recording of a Guns and Roses or Ted Nugent concert with plenty of F-bombs when he was fading and had to work around Witnesses.

If you're not into heavy metal or hard rock, try hymns or classical religious music. The Hallelujah chorus and Ave Maria seems to make JWs kinda of nervous, or Gregorian Chants.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In my JW daze, I used to love it when people played their music because then I could listen without guit. I don't think I ever really gave up my music, as I love it so much, so I would bop along to SWEET LEAF by BLACK SABBATH if a car should be blasting it out their windows when I was working in service. Yes, it was awkward, but I just could't control myself. I stunned an older sister when I told her I knew the song by heart. helpmejesus

Also, I always accepted Christmans cards and gifts without a fuss. People were expressing generosity toward me, and I thought it was unkind to point out that they were wrong. And for the record, it really was not because I wanted what they gave, I didn't. I just didn't want to rip apart their beliefs when they were showing their best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit