Getting Crisis of Conscience

by d 20 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

I will be getting Crisis of Conscience real soon I hear it is a really good book.So can anybody tell what did you think of the book?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's one of only a handful of books that literally changed my life -- for the better -- in a huge way.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Depends on your level of involvement with the Society. For me it was a total game-changer.

• Ding
    Ding

There are all sorts of threads here discussing CoC.

It seems to me to be a very sincere account of Ray's struggle between what he believed to be "God's organization" and what he saw set out in the scriptures.

It is well documented so people who want to check out what he is saying can do so.

It is written in a style that is not angry; instead, Ray reveals his sadness and inner pain.

On the negative side, I think because Ray was so close to many of the people involved he really didn't fully see the WTS as the pseudo-Christian cult that it is.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Reading COC helped get rid of any residual guilt I had left in my mind over leaving the religion . I was happily surprised to find Ray Franz writngs were humble ,accounts of what he experienced, not hate filled rantings of a disgruntled ex-member .

• scary21
    scary21

Ray had alot of love.......for the bible......and the brothers!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Changed my life. Way for the good! It got rid of ANY dout that JW's are right!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I read the first chapter. I haven't touched it since because it was so profoundly moving to me that I am frightened to finish it, lol.

-Sab

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

You can get Crisis of Conscience right here:

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/Jehovahs_Witnesses_books_%20documents.html

Ray had alot of love.......for the bible......and the brothers!

Who was Ray Franz? Raymond Franz was a former member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses for nine years. Born in 1922, Raymond Franz recently passed away on June 2, 2010 at the age of 88 of a brain hemorrhage. He was the author of two books written subsequent to being disfellowshipped by the Jehovah's Witnesses for apostasy, and was regarded by many as the most influential and well-known ex-Jehovah's Witness in the world.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/Raymond_Franz.html

The first book authored by Raymond Franz, Crisis of Conscience, was an epic, groundbreaking expose of the inner workings of the Jehovah's Witnesses ruling governing body, and his life experiences as one member of that secretive, powerful group of select men. With an eloquence and sense of caring that continues to reach out to thousands of former Jehovah's Witnesses, Ray Franz exposed the ugly, sad underside of this high-control false religion. He tells of hypocrisy practiced with respect to blood transfusions, political affiliations, and the Society's ad hoc approach to the development of core doctrine like the alleged destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B.C., and much more. Raymond Franz also describes his personal dealings with the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and the manner in which he suffered mistreatment in various forms at their hands during the latter part of his tenure.

Crisis of Conscience and his second work In Search of Personal Freedom are essential reading, not only for those seeking to discard the Jehovah's Witnesses' shackles, and for those who have broken free and wish to put the experience into proper prospective, but it also serves as a valuable tool for anyone thinking of joining the Jehovah's Witnesses' religion, or organization, as it describes in lucid detail what's really going on in there.

Ray Franz was far from perfect, and as an active member of the Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body he invariably was responsible for damaging teachings and practices himself, many of which he subsequently repudiated. For those seeking an answer to the question "Where do I go from here?" some feel his answers were, and continue to be, inadequate as he tends to distance himself from organized religion and their authority. Nonetheless, Raymond Franz will continue to be missed and remains in our hearts, beloved. His kindness and compassion, and his brave commitment to exposing the truth about the Watchtower Society will never be forgotten.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great book. That book, as Franklin says, is a game-changer. You will never view the Watchtower Society the same way again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit