What Happened at Watchtower in 2001?

by Marvin Shilmer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once again Jehovah's celestial chariot and "spirit directed" earthly organization can turn 180 0 on a dime. haha.

If they were "spirit directed" as they claim this wouldn't have happened.

W

• minimus
    minimus

I asked what difference it made regarding those still in. What happened in 2001 has done nothing to influence a change in the mind of the typical JW.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What happened in 2001 has done nothing to influence a change in the mind of the typical JW.

Possibly because few of the rank and file members knew about it. I never heard of this until today.

W

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“What happened in 2001 has done nothing to influence a change in the mind of the typical JW.”

1. Says who? You?

2. Does it matter how many individuals benefit from sharing information?

3. How many individuals need experience benefit from our work before we consider that help to have made a difference?

Marvin Shilmer

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you, Marvin.

You're doing a good and marvelous job of exposing the WT's chicanery.

1 Corinthians 3:19-20 It's written in Scripture,

He exposes the chicanery of the chic.
    The Master sees through the smoke screens
    of the know-it-alls. MSG

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good article.

So they were going to allow autologous transfusions but then backed off from it.

According to Wikipedia, both Klein and Swingle died in 2001. The GB had 13 members before they died and 11 members (obviously) afterwards. Perhaps since they died soon after making the change, their votes were considered nullified.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Finally-Free writes:

“I never heard of this until today.”

Many among Jehovah’s Witnesses and folks interested in the subject have not heard of the 2001 blood card incident, which is why it deserves repeating along with decent documentation.

Marvin Shilmer

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

One-time poster now-occasional lurker here.

I remember this clearly, and yes it was a major deal for me. I was still in at the time, but not happy at all with elder jwlife. I was the elder assigned to give the *blood* talk that year and was already having a problem processing the logic/thinking behind the whole thing, as this was the first time I actually had to try and explain the unexplainable in a SM part. The cards in my hall were already passed out (prematurely), and only later (the next meeting) were we told by the PO to destroy the cards.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the wording change, until they made a big hubbub about destroying the card, and then I looked at it more closely, ...and then I knew something was very wrong. I still have the card somewhere.

Shortly thereafter, they made some changes the the new (reworked) worship book and that was it.

Axel

• minimus
    minimus

Ok, so now you've made the whole world know about it.... We also know your speculations. Thank you.

• pontoon
    pontoon

So, GB took a wrong, but somewhat defendable doctrine and made it so much worse to defend, what you can do, cannot do, can transfuse, can't transfuse, it is just beyond ridiculous. What surprises me is that there are doctors in bethel, aren't they able to rein in some of this foolishness. One dr. I knew personally at Wat Farm is very well respected in the org as well as the local hospitals. Why aren't they a voice of reason to all this blood crap? They can't possibly believe that Jesus through spirit is directing what you can and can't do with blood. I'm sure not even GB believes it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit