Taking Notes at Meetings and Assemblies

by punkofnice 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Room 215
    Room 215

I can't imagine anything as pointless as taking notes at a meeting or a convention.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I can't imagine anything as pointless as taking notes at a meeting or a convention.

Reviewing those notes as a congregation at a subsequent service meeting?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

For that KM School, I took a ton of notes because I wanted to share it with you guys/gals here, and the same with the most recent Assembly. Prior to that, every Assembly I had intentions to take a ton of notes in an effort to preserve or improve old habits, but since discovering that the information presented at assemblies is essentially worthless, I figure why bother nowadays other than to share it with apostates. Even in that case its not worth it as most of you are on point anyway.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

There is no mention in the Bible of the Israelites having to write stuff down when they were all standing in front of Moses.

Nobleheart - I guess it's yet another exercise in futility. It is the same old stuff, why kill more trees? Tell you what, when/if they start talking about something either new, thoughtful, creative or in anyway different than the pre-packaged manuscripts they have the speaker read, THEN I'll start taking notes. Until then, consider me going "green". You see? I'm already helping the environment.

Yan Bibiyan - I once wrote the lyrics to The Number of the Beast in my Revelation book.

Hallowed be thy convention notes.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Lost Generation - nice, you beat me to it. I was gonna say that.

• Ding
    Ding

"Since the GB speaks for Jehovah, they are always right, so we should think and do whatever they tell us without question."

"How grateful we should be for them."

Doesn't this pretty well sum up every publication, assembly speech, and talk from the platform?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Ding = "Since the GB speaks for Jehovah, they are always right, so we should think and do whatever they tell us without question." "How grateful we should be for them."

I took notes at the Elders school.......................talk about teaching granny to suck eggs. Just how thick did they think we were?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit