Who knows how a spark plug gets its spark?

by frigginconfused 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

The battery sends power to the coil. This makes a magnetic feild. There is another coil in this coil with smaller wires and many more windings of wire. When the first coil shuts its power down it induces a current in the small wired coil. It travels down the spark plug wires and releases all this built up energy in the form of light and heat from the spark.

Im sure many of you knew what an induced current was. But this was to get everyone on the same page for my point.

The sun has a solar flare. Sends it to earth with its iron magnetic core. When the flare is over it releases its power through light and heat in the form of northern lights and eathquakes/volcanoes.

This is my theory. What you think?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Are you sure that the sun has an iron core?

I think that only the shadow knows for sure.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

No I was was talking about earths iron core. The sun sends out a pulse of charged particles. When it hits earth it induces a current in the iron core. Thats alot of power. It would have to release somehow. Heat from volcanos or earthquakes is what I think is happening.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Heat from volcanos or earthquakes is what I think is happening.

And here I thought that mankind was causing the global warming via use of petroleum and coal products.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The End is nigh......

I dont know wtf half those emoticons mean btw..

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The charged particles of a solar flare do not even penetrate far through the atmosphere, only affecting the upper layers. So to answer your question, no. The particals merely slightly heat up some of the air there and gives off a spectacular fireworks show called aurora borealis.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Earth's magnetic field is generated by the core. According to theory it acts like a dynamo. Part of the energy from solar flares (CMEs) that hit the magnetic field are released in the form of northern, and southern lights.

So no, solar flares do not cause tectonic disturbances.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I get what you guys are saying about the radiation not being able to penetrate. But an induced current doesnt need to penetrate. Think of it like those things with about 8 metal balls hanging from fishing wires in a line. You pull the one at the end and let it go. None of the ones in the middle move. The energy is transferred to the other end and that ball gets knocked out.

All you need to do to affect the whole thing is induce a current in the magnetic feild. This will carry the current like a shockwave into the earth.

• bohm
    bohm

deleted.

• Twitch
    Twitch

The sun emits radiation and charged particles constantly, the latter being what 's called "solar wind". These particles interact with the earth's magnetosphere, a magnetic field around the earth induced by a self sustaining electric generator or dynamo, the earth's core of solid and molten iron and such spinning around. This field protects us from the nastiest solar radiation but when the wind is strong enuff, some paricles will leak thru and cause the ionosphere to "boil over" in a sense, resulting in auroras near the poles. But thats the limit of any direct "induction", a light show wit preety colors. What you speak of is not a spark per se, but a balanced magnetic field with layers of ionized particles that owes it's form to interaction with the sun's radiation. The sun's wacky and powerful magnetic "field" doesn't affect the earth directly, no external field is affecting our own, thus no induction. Solar flares and "storms" do affect radio communications since this relies on the ionosphere for propagation and it's hard to hear when the wind is blowing hard. But there is no evidence of solar activity causing earthquakes directly. That is a result of the pressures and temps of the earth's molten core. What I wonder about sometimes is the effect a pole reversal would have. Git yer sackcloth while ya still can,...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit