Things I have heard about California JW's

by mamalove 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Flipper, what is Palm Springs considered?

Snoozy..who thinks her old girlfriend (that got reinstated) has a screw loose..

• VM44
    VM44

Perhaps instead of being lax, the elders were just incompetent?

Of course, that could apply everywhere, not just in California.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

EmptyInside - "It was always about sisters wearng leather skirts out in service and brothers wearing earrings."

Leolaia - "I never thought about any California effect before, but my JW aunt who's in her 70s has a gay daughter and although my aunt is an uber-Witness, and field service and meetings and everything JW-related is his life, she has never shunned her daughter (who also was raised a Witness but left when she could). In fact, she has accepted her long-time partner as family. This has particularly come clear to me after the two broke up; my aunt wishes they were back together and still does lunches with her daughter's ex."

White Dove - "In the NW, it's listen and take it with a grain of salt, obey if it is reasonable to do so."

honorsthesis - "The term, "happy birthday", is often even used without shame."

Even if half of the shit we've been hearing is true, no wonder GB2.0 is in full-on siege mode, and tightening the screws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit