A Lurker taking a step out of the shadows

by AlmightyDog 44 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome! I'm so glad you are finally able to join us. We are all learning off of each other and giving and getting lots of support.

There are so many stories on here that are similar to yours. You are not alone!

I wish you love and luck in your efforts to leave and get your family out.

They might not come out. That is up to them, but YOU must do what's best for YOU, in the long run.

So, take it easy and read read read.

Love, Dovey

• satinka
    satinka

Welcome to the forum, Almighty Dog!

I liked Terry's post.

When Faith is more of a Loyalty issue than a Reality-match you have entered the valley of the shadow of cults.

Good point, Terry! Unfortunately, many people never make it out of the Valley of the Shadow of Cults

The reason is the FEAR that the JW religion instills in its members. Fear is a paralyzer. It keeps people immobilized.

satinka

• startingover
    startingover

This situation has been faced by many, there usually is no easy solution. And has been said, once you look behind the curtain, there is no going back. Good luck in your efforts.

I really appreciate Terry's thoughts about loyalty. In my experience, that really highlights the crux of the matter.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. If it makes you feel any better, two out of three young people leave the cult, so at least one, if not both of your kids will want out at some point.

She just knows this is the truth because we don't celebrate pagan holidays, participate in wars, and lead clean moral lives, etc. She looks at her biological father, who was really a lousy drunk, and thinks that all worldy people are just like him.

Points to reason:

1. There are other religions that don't celebrate holidays or go to war and live clean moral lives.

2. If all "worldly" men were miserable drunks, wouldn't the whole world become jws to escape?

3. All jws don't live clean moral lives, and all jws aren't sober. Surely you know that as an elder.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome!

NLW's wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit