Share Your Tales of Annoying Car Group Advice

by DarioKehl 19 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

You all know how we our counseled not to wear perfume or fragrence when we go to the meeting? Well, I was driving the car group of 4 and we are out making return visits with this older couple who walk around like they have a stick up their rear ends. Suddenly, the wife, in a very low, demanding, negtive voice says "Who's wearing perfume?" First off, it was my car she was riding around in and I thought that was terribly rude. Just another rule, upon rule, upon rule that was broken. Which is the greater sin, wearing a fragrence or outright rudeness and lack of appreciation?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

When I was younger there was this bizarre older sister who would quiz any young people unlucky enough to have to be in the same vehicle as her. She would quiz them about Bible stuff and get appalled when you couldn't remember the name of the high official who overthrew King Muckalucka-ahib on the Plains of Ape-Crotch-a-bel-did.

I knew of another raisin-cake who was attempting to use scriptures to prove that Barack Obama was destined to be president, or something like that. A lot of JWs (in my hall at least) don't like to go out during the week because that's when you get stuck working with the "basket-cases". Wow, it just dawned on me as I'm typing this.... I'm picturing that during the week, possibly at this very moment, a carload of wacko's is pulling into some unsuspecting development...

Okay, we're gonna focus on Not-At-Homes today.

Don't know if this is relevent but I've heard from ex-pioneers that many of the regular pioneers are on anti-depressants. Guess it helps them cope with the day-to-day routine exercise in futility that would make Nietzsche shudder, better known as field service.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

DarioKehl - about those pink slips.....I pray to God Almighty that some pretentious, arrogant elder would try doing that to me or better yet, my wife! God, if you're listening, please let this happen to me. It would give me a chance to publicly relieve some stress....

Again, this is yet another example of how fear, intimidation and a sappy misinterpretation of Jesus' "turn-the-other-cheek" lesson have robbed JWs of their spinal cords. Poor person had to sit there and take it, when any "worldly" person would have most likely crumpled the slip up right there and thrown it in this assclown's face.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I agree, Mr. Falcon. If I was still going, I'd want that to happen to me. I'd rip it in two and stuff it in his kerchief pocket and pat the pocket like "there, now we can be friends again," while never breaking eye contact.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

White Dove - nice! just like Doc Holiday. Then calmly go back to your seat, sit down and say "You may proceed, sir."

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

This thread has made me chuckle ...so many similar memories. We had a family with the wife being totally paranoid, she was French actually, she wouldnt allow for any of them including her husband to be separated, either on the FS or socially...anyway, they all wore the same black long coats...

I knocked a door one day when the family were in the same street and the HH said...'sorry I cant get involved with you people...I dont have a long black coat' ....LOL ....

Loz x

• undercover
    undercover

Not being overly spiritual all the time, I would try to talk about non-JW stuff only to be rebuked and chastised. If I dared talk about the music I really liked (instead of some pop pablum that they all seemed to tolerate somehow) then I would get 'counseled' on debasing music. If I talked about some movie coming up, someone always tried to tie it to spiritism or the spirit of the world and it's sex and violence (two of my favorite worldly things).

I soon learned to enjoy walking territory better than riding territory. If you got a good partner, a friend, then you could have some good private conversations between doors instead of having to worry about every syllable uttered in the car.

Overall they managed to rob any bit of joy that one could squeeze from riding around in the car on a Saturday morning all dressed up. They were no daisy...no daisy at all.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

This thread is too funny! That pink slip story is hilarious! And FirstLastName your memory of a van of 8 people brought back some miserable memories! It seemed as if I was always in the back of some jam packed van without any open windows - and of course somebody would be silently passing gas.

I did get some of the best advice I ever received in my life out in service though.......It was 1991 and I had pioneered 9 years at this point. My firstborn was about 4 months old, and yes I was dragging her out everyday, like I thought I was supposed to be doing. However, she was not your typical baby. For the first 12 months, she did nothing but scream and throw up. She was the baby from HELL. But, I merrily kept going from door to door with this screaming, foul smelling baby. I was working with an older (visiting) sister one day and in the middle of the block, she stopped me and said "Let's go back to the car". When we got in the car she said very kindly "You need to be at home with your baby, not out in service" I went home for good!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    If you got a good partner, a friend, then you could have some good private conversations between doors instead of having to worry about every syllable uttered in the car.

Very true. Having a "normal" partner in the ministry was a rare treat, indeed. Made the morning go by faster talking about things that actually mattered like girls, boxing, sports, music, ANYTHING other than made up experiences about how cops in Malawi stopped a bus full of witnesses, demanded to see their field service reports, and then arrested anyone who put in less than X amount of hours. Brutal.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The 2 van stories just reminded me of a sister from an old hall. she had this horrible old van with 3 rows of seats, and so, of course, everyone would pile in. The last row was not even bolted to the floor! Bloodguilt anyone? She'd turn corners and brother's would spill onto the floor. Ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit