• Ding
    Ding

Happy Valentine's Day, Amelia!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Thanks everyone.

• Ding
    Ding

Lime wrote, "My parents made me give it back to the girl (not sure why it wasn't enough just to throw it away - oh yeah, JW's need to make sure everyone knows they are 'different', no matter who it hurts.)"

Probably the "witness" that came across to that little girl was, "Jehovah's Witnesses think they're too good for you."

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Here you go, Iron Head:

Thanks, Danny Boy. Happy VD to you too. How many birthday cakes had you eaten by the time you were 13?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I received juvenile ones. My mom and sister send me valentines. Romantic ones -- never and I am no longer young. It hurts every year. I have very specific dreams for Perrier-Jouet champagne with the Art Nouveau flowers on the bottle, a lush floral boquet, Teuscher;s chocolates, La Perla or Hanro lingerie, a formal dinner. Opening night at the Met combined with gifts.

I am still going to hope. My plans are to reciprocate with a fine custom made men's shirt, Hermes or Ferragamo tie, travel gift, or a first edition of a beloved book. I even have men's fragrances picked out.

What I need is a Ken doll.

V Day in Paris! Oui! Oui! Voila!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    How many birthday cakes had you eaten by the time you were 13?

Exactly 0!!!

How many have I eaten now? Everyone that has a birthday at the office....I'm the first one in line!

OHHHHH you are refering to the photo! That's not me. I thought it was appropriate because it looks like he's doing a fine "job" of "blowing" that balloon.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I never told my mom when kids brought b'day cake to school. So I ate other's cakes but never had my own.

As an adult, I made certain I would have cake and a Christmas tree. One of the best bakeries in NYC is Dean & DeLuca in SoHo. They have lush buttercream cakes. If you order ahead, you can dictate your colors and specific flowers. They are not cheap. I ordered one for my mom's b'day and my b'day. Next, I bought Schramsberg champagne, considered the best CA domestic. Bliss. No one not a Witness could savor that b'day cake as much as I savored mine. Special fillings - too.

Speaking of cakes, I ordered King cake for Mardi Gras. Not a culinary masterpiece but fun. The voodoo type trinkets included were interesting. I adore this stuff. Dean & DeLuca and King cake are worth every penny to me. Screw the Society. God gave us the ability to transform wheat and eggs and wine into these exquisiste things.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...God gave us the ability to transform wheat and eggs and wine into these exquisiste things. ..."

God??

Or was it the French???

We definitely have the Aztecs and the Spaniards to thank for chocolate - though Spanish chocolate wasn't sweetened... [YUK!!] At least, not at first...

Wonder who came up with THAT brainstorm... And adding vanilla...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The Swiss?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit