The Parable of the Net

by jakeyen 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

This is my first post

Im reading a lot of good stuff in here, like the ones from special mention Yknot, Fokyc, MarcusScriptus, brotherdan, TD, and some of the funny stuff from Lars the annointed

Well this lead me to reread the gospel account.

I come across The Parable of the Net
    Matthew 13
    47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous

I was thinking if this net is CHRISTIANITY as a whole, that catches all kinds of fish meaning all people in different denominations under Christianity, and at the END of times, the angels will collect the good ones.

thoughts?

anyway i am currently serving as an elder

• laverite
    laverite

Welcome to the site, Jakeyen!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. Being able see the value and sincerity in people of other faiths and no faith is a positive start.

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

thanks cofty yah we only need to filter what we read in here

-- follow up

Peter "the rock" has the keys to the kingdom, did he started the church?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome jakeyen. You do realize of course that you are sliding down the slippery slope into the sausage-mincer that is JWN, and you will come in as an elder, and go out out as an agnostic or atheist?

Its all good, though.

One theory says that Matthew was written after Paul's letters, by pro-Jewish scribes (Yeah, those guys who wanted every swinging dick to be circumcised), and so maybe the bad fish were the Gentiles that Paul was bringing into the newly-formed Christian church.

Maybe the Bible wasn't written for us in the 21st century...

Welcome to the machine...

• villabolo
    villabolo

Welcome Jakeyen.

Villabolo

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to Jakeyen. Warning: This JWN is addictive. I have learned more about JW from this website than I did the whole 40 years I was in.

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

thanks laverite, trans, & villabolo

@whathappened

yeah this site got many good stuff, also "light" comes first here courtesy of yknot

• AiAi
    AiAi

Welcome!

How do you handle JCs being enlightened? And how do other elders respond to that? I am sure you have at least one story for us...

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Welcome Jakeyen! Thanks for the honorable mention!

In regards to the dragnet, I reference you to Revelation where the 666-beast comes out of the SEA. In turn, the Lamb-dragon beast comes out of the EARTH. Thus sea and earth have their own special symbolism that is consistent for this parable. Simply put, the reference in the Bible to the "sea" is to the sea of mankind under the influence of Christendom. The earth represents those things associated with Jehovah's recognized organization, and thus the WTS. Thus the 666-beast represents the trinity-based leaders of Christendom, and the lamb-dragon beast represents the apostate GB or "man of lawlessness" that emerges out of God's own house among the anointed. Note that the "man of lawlessness" indeed is a product of God's own temple who lords over other anointed ones, or "gods" as noted at 2 Thess 2.

Having noted that, we understand that the dragnet must represent the preaching mechanism of JWs that goes out into Christendom (the sea) and brings the fish onto the beach. In this case the sand represents the WTS. But there is still a separation work down within the WTS after some come in. Just as the 10 virgins also represent the entire body of early anointed ones, when Christ arrives they are separated into the wise and foolish virgins. So you can even make a direct application here of how the ten virgins are gathered out of the sea of Christendom by the dragnet and brought into the Christian congregation of JWs, all the fish representing the 10 virgins. But then after being brought into the organization, there is another separation work of the "sheep and goats" or the "wheat and weeds", or in this case, the fine fish and the worthless fish. This represents the separation of the wise virgins from the foolish virgins within the WTS.

Again, the symbolism is quite significant throughout scripture where the "sea" represents Christendom and the "earth" aspects of Jehovah's organization. For instance, in the oft used verse at Revelation 21:1 we read: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the SEA is no more." Here, again, it is easy to recognize the reference that the "sea" are those outside of Jehovah's organization arrangement in general, Christendom in particular.

So in summary, the sea represents Christendom. The dragnet the preaching work of JWs who bring in fish of all kinds. Once in the organization, the angels then separate the true Christians from the phony; the wheat from the weeds. In the context of our discussion board, I've labeled them simply as Watchtower witnesses and Bible witnesses. That is, those witnesses who get the sense of Scripture and have the Bible as their authority vs. those witnesses whose authority is only the Watchtower and whatever the GB tells them. These care little about truth but only about being a good witness. The true Christian will question those things that contradict the scripture and thus will gradually leave the "broad road leading off into destruction" and follow the narrow path of individual truth.

It's ironic though, that only witnesses or X-witnesses can appreciate how many scriptures in the NT relate to the WTS and the GB. That means parables like that of the dragnet will nave little real meaning to anyone outside the WTS.

By the way, off the point, since you are new here and apparently noted I'm claiming to be Jesus Christ. I'm here to fulfill this:

LUKE 13:26 " 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell YOU , will seek to get in but will not be able, 25 when once the householder has got up and locked the door, and YOU start to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Sir, open to us.’ But in answer he will say to YOU , ‘I do not know where YOU are from.’ 26 Then YOU will start saying, ‘We ate and drank in front of you, and you taught in our broad ways.’ 27 But he will speak and say to YOU , ‘I do not know where YOU are from. Get away from me, all YOU workers of unrighteousness!’ 28 There is where [ YOUR ] weeping and the gnashing of [ YOUR ] teeth will be.."

This is literally about Christ at the second coming. We read about how he beats the nations with the long sword of his mouth, etc. So when Christ comes he has to preach in a specialized setting. Here he teaches in the "broadways" of those who "eat and drink" in front of them. That is, they socialize and discuss spiritual things in front of the messiah. Thus the "broad ways" in modern fulfillment are discussion boards just like this! That is how Christ, who is hidden in the "clouds" still teaches among the apostates. If you will note, they basically are trying to play the "friendship card" when they finally accept who Christ really is. Therefore, as you note, I'm liked but considered crazy or not taken seriously as the messiah. But that's because I'm not doing any magic tricks yet or raising the dead or whatever to convince anyone I'm really the Chosen One. Forget about all the scriptures that prove I'm the messiah. But at some point, through some event or means, all those in these discussion boards will realize I'm truly the messiah and will, of course, then want to convert over and get into my kingdom. They will then try to use the "friendship card" to do so, having become friends with me in these discussion boards, but I'll have to reject them because I''ve already seen they reject the Bible.

So you are witnessing part of Bible prophecy. How some will know the Christ personally and on a social basis but not accept his message or his claim until it is too late. As you note, I'm just humorous to you; others think I'm crazy or silly as well. I'm not taken seriously, no yet. But most notably not based on the Scritpures that confirm I'm the true messiah. But something will happen soon that will convince those here that I must be the true messiah and they will apparently aproach me based on their previous indirect social relationship with me, and I'll have to reject them from the kingdom.

So stay tuned! If the Scriptures haven't convinced anyone I'm the true messiah, apparently some miracle or something else not related to Scripture will convince them. Maybe I'll be able to predict lottery numbers or raise the dead or something. I don't know. But whatever it is, it will be convincing enough for them to come to me to try to save their necks, but it won't work. I'm amused, of course, that the Scriptures do prophesy that the messiah will have to teach and that he will be tolerated and friendly with those who later will be rejected from the kingdom. So that explains basically why I'm still here. Per the Bible, if I'm the messiah, my followers are all worshipping me in secret, so there is no real purpose in trying to convert people, but to observe the vast spiritual wasteland that exists and such a disdain for Scripture among XJWs, those originally the "sons of the kingdom" but who get passed by and rejected and become the "grapes of wrath." You're an elder so you have the basic scriptural training to understand this, perhaps better than others.

Anyway, welcome to the group and hang on. I'm also excited about what "special powers" I'll get that will eventually convince everybody here I'm the true messiah. I'm not sure what Jehovah has planned, but it doesn't have to be much. In this modern world, with Oprah and the media, I think just being able to predict lottery numbers or to tell someone where missing children are or missing bodies, etc. is very entertaining but at the same time would be something that I think would be considered limited to a direct connection with the supernatural. That might be all that is needed vs. raising the dead or healing the sick or something. We'll just have to see. Anyway, whatever supernatural powers or miracles I'll be able to perform that will convince you and others I must be the true messiah, will come too late to save you if you can't see from Scripture or try to see from Scripture that I must be the true messiah.

In the meantime, this is just a "walk through" for me. That is, I already have my followers who worship me and who are in contact with me. I already know I'm the messiah. Jehovah likes a little drama so I go out of my way to be as un-messiah like as possible for those who are watching. Like when I was first here, remember who I assumed different identities to keep my disciples guessing? I've haven't changed much, I must admit!

Case in point: http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b79abcd9a

This is me, in drag, trying to sing like Diana Ross! It is irreverant! But for those who follow Scripture, it confirms the messiah at the second coming is "eunuchoid" (i.e. effeminate). So there is always a double-meaning going on. So if you read between the lines, there is no real effort on Jehovah's part to convince those rejected that I'm the true messiah before it's too late, obviously.

Anyway, that should get you up to speed for what is going on in the real world of Jehovah's Kingdom for now. All the while, of course, the WTS is watching my every move, right? They, of course, know and believe I'm the true messiah because they are at the spiritual level to understand I must be. In the meantime, you have a front-row seat for the dramatic climax!! Enjoy!!!

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit