Motives Behind JW Lies

by Deeraq 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deeraq
    Deeraq

I know that in religions, they do what they do because it is about politics and money. Those are the motives behind why religions are the way they are and do what they do. But can someone tell me what would be the motive(s) of JW's lieing and controling their participants (for lack of a better word)? Since we are not involved in politics, and take $ on donation basis to continue to print literature, then what is behind the motives of what is obviously a corrupt organization? How are they benefiting from being this way? Sincere answers please!!!! Thank you.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

There are people at the top making money off of this organization. It's not the literature that brings in the money, it's the real estate and people giving their estates to the WT.

Then of course there is the feeling of power from being able to control so many people.

Money and power.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Power over sheeple. It is always the motive, be it religion or politics or culture-clubs for those who seek to lead and control others.

Jeff

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

In a casual discussion with a friend, he mentioned the idea that McDonald's is actually in the real estate business. There have been other threads on here about how the arrangement works with each congregation being independent yet in the paperwork for the KH's, if the cong is dissolved, the WT gets the KH. I imagine there are contractors/vendors/lawyers/etc. who benefit from any large organization like the WT. Here are a couple of threads asking similar questions to yours.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/203322/1/What-is-the-WTs-Motivation-Who-Benefits

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/203018/1/Who-Owns-Kingdom-Halls-Land

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"since we are not involved with politics;"

well it's a very strange way of going about it being a paid up member of the United Nations for over a decade and then lying to the masses when the membership was proven.Also holding investment stock for decades in companies that produce military hardware is an odd way to show if a religious organization is politically neutral.

"are they benefitting from being this way?"

I'd say only a fool would say they are not.

Stick around Deeraq and use the search function on this forum and you may well learn a few things.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The organization is very politically active. They send representatives to various political summits for NGOs around the world on a regular basis. They provoke court cases in order to establish case-law and precedents that become the law of the land thereafter.

So while the individual members are not allowed to exercise their civic duty by selecting who will represent them in government, the organization itself spends literally millions in resources (all donated, none earned) to manipulate the political processes of the nations of the world.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Is there any other religion [or organization] that could [or would] promote the concept of 'Lying for the Truth'?! When I heard that one, I just refused to believe it was true [I mean, how could that be true of any religion?]. Only when people came to that doctrines defense did i realize 'holy crap, people actually have bought into that principle'.

dc

• steve2
    steve2

Religious groups have always been prepared to lie for the perceived "just" cause or to at least not disclose the full story. In fact, I'd say all humans are capable of doing it, religious or not. Once people publically identify themselves with a specific belief system, it becomes almost obligatory to support it through thick and thin.

One of the biggest cop-outs is the line, "We never said we were perfect...so we got some things wrong...that was based on earlier understandings which have since been clarified". So, they don't actually lie, but they make excuses for past "lies".

The other cop-out - I'd say bigger than the previous one - is the feeble question: "If we leave Jehovah, where will we go?" Any dumbo who asks that question is asking for mind control. For starters, go somewhere to think calmly and reasonably about issues.

People also love to be deceived: the need for comfort and reassurance is often stronger than the need for truth and honesty.

My last statement is probably the most controversial: In my experience, religious people have the least capacity to think honestly about issues because if they claim to believe in the "truth" they cannot afford to be too open about weighing up issues. At some stage they've got to close their minds for fear of losing what they hold so dear: The supposed "truth". trouble is, one humans truth is another's lies.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Religious groups have always been prepared to lie for the perceived "just" cause or to at least not disclose the full story.

It's true that people will 'lie' for the perceived 'right reasons', but not any legit faith. There is simply no such thing as 'lying for the truth' [a direct quote from my brother, the 25yr vet JW]. .........A quote that some people defended as right.

God hates a liar. I know that I have read that several times in several different verses, over and over again in the bible. Sure, people lie, but how can an organization think that such a thing could/would be good for anyone. If that ain't a 'red flag, get ur ass outta here, holy crap...run' moment, then I don't know what is.

respectfully,

dc

• kimbo
    kimbo

Read CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit