Do You Ever Think Of "God"?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting, Jag.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    do you feel you have more of a relationship than when you were a Witness?

While I must admit that I "think" of my Lord, the SON of God more, dear Miniman (as always, peace to you!), I have to say... ab-so-flippin'-without-a-bit-of-doubt-a-lutely... to that question!

Again, peace to you, dear one!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

There is probably not a day that goes by that I don't think about "God". I have chosen to believe that there is a "collective conscienceness" but I have no proof. Neither does anyone else have proof of what they have "chosen to believe". Science says that energy never dies. I can accept that. So our "energy" moves on.

Someone "invents" something. Then in history you find that several people in far different places had the same idea. Whoever published or patented it first was given credit. Were they all tapping into "collective you-know-what"?

As far as I can read about, "God" is a manmade concept that has be conveniently remolded to some patriarchial preferance...christian or other...they are at their base pretty much the same. Power and money at others expense.

• The Finger
    The Finger

We think and talk about God most days if not every day. I don't pray as much as when I was a JW. Maybe it's age, after this long God's probably heard enough of my problems.

• new light
    new light

Several times a day. Life is so much better when my selfish ego is not the everything that it wants to be. And, yes, I feel a much stronger connection with It than while a JW slave.

• LV101
    LV101

YES, DEFINITELY! was so distressed the few yrs. attending trying to be molded and when i did pray it was to endure my misery, bad mental health which was injurious to my physical health. beyond miserable trying to ENDURE and left before the internet to have peace of mind knowing God would have to read hearts, and i he didn't so be it --- did not want to be part of paradise earth w/those people. worse yrs. of my life except growing up w/narcissistic/evil bio-mother. realized i'd had a much closer relationship w/God before i became brainwashed w/this chosen religion. talk about being STUPID!

• breathing
    breathing

i like the idea of a benevolent universe, thats what i believe in now, im a loads more spiritual than when i was in the jws, but not in a religious way,

i think about god every day, but im not sure who or what is there, if anything really,

but what helps me is trusting in the universe, something bigger than myself, but accepting the mystery too, and just focusing on what is here and now,

i do pray too, but to me it doesnt matter who its too, its putting the prayer out there that gives it its power, and i believe prayer works,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit