Unbelieveable Bethel Talk-'Are you being brainwashed?'

by Joliette 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

There will be more and more talks about "brainwashing" from the WTBTS in the next few years as more people gain access to instant information on the net... Their message will basically be: "Don't look in our closet. If you try to, this means you're being brainwashed by Satan."

• VM44
    VM44

For years many JWs would tell others that witnesses are going to be rounded up and placed in concentration camps, where they will be made to work in the fields all day with little food to eat!

It was said that the JWs would be taken right from field service directly to the camps.

It was as if they were brainwashed to believe it, they were so certain of it!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"For years many JWs would tell others that witnesses are going to be rounded up and placed in concentration camps,"

So true..VM44..All the time I was growing up we talked about the coming persecution.. The dubs in Soviet lands were our role models and we all "knew" that our turn would come. Then the '75 thing made it all the more immediate, and they discovered the verse about declaring Peace and Security, once they had got rid of religion, so we braced ourselves for it.

I recall talking to some who would brag, "I am ready for the persecution..bring it on !"

Most of those are dead now, 36 years after '75....they never saw any hindrance to their religion and died peacefully in good care from Satan's system.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I think this might be called immunization. As people read up on the subject of brainwashing, a cult can use the word in the opposite way to reassure the followers that they can -avoid- being brainwashed by staying in the cult.

• seawolf
    seawolf

there is nourishment even in a dry piece of toast!

White bread, you're dead?

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

i always remember the statement that did the rounds in england in the early 90's

"if someone says your brain washed, tell them i need my brain washing in this world"

and i used to say that to people OMG!!! i want to vomit

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

warmasasunned - That makes me queasy too.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard about 25 minutes, I don't know how much more there was - according to him brainwashing technique is :

1) Isolation [like cutting off from your worldly friends and associates and not reading other religious material]

2) A Lean diet [ Like a steady diet of Watchtower drivel and not feeding your mind on anything more worthwhile]

3) Propaganda [ Studying hard for 5 meetings a week, if they still have 5, reading all the time that "the world" is wicked just like 2 Peter chapt 3 says it will be - being only with people who all believe it, hook line and sinker]

Yes , I would say that they are well qualified to talk about brainwashing........

BTW if this ended as I expected it to, it boiled down to a straightfoward exhortation to study more , keep busy and don't trust the world outside...

• Joliette
    Joliette

Blues brother I think that is how it ended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit